Mac bind path with the new client?

ParaBruce

I used to have a folder of binds called, cleverly enough, "binds" that I'd park under drive_c inside the Mac client package, and invoke with "/bindloadfile c:/binds/abinding.txt". 

When the new client arrived, I moved that to /Applications/coh/binds since that seemed sensible. But "/bindloadfile c:/coh/binds/abinding.txt" doesn't work. Nor does "/bindloadfile /Applications/coh/binds/abinding.txt".

I'm sure that the answer is simple and I will feel like a yutz when someone tells me what it is. 🙂 Help?

Hi @ParaBruce,

Please try the following:

Move the abinding.txt file from the /Applications/coh/binds directory that you created to the "piggs" directory located at /Applications/coh/piggs. The full path of this file should be /Applications/coh/piggs/abinding.txt

Next, try to use the following /bind_load_file command:

/bind_load_file abinding.txt

Notice that there is no path specified.

If the above solution works, then you can move on to a more advanced method of organizing your bind files:

1. Create a new directory in the piggs directory called binds.
  2. The full path of this directory should be /Applications/coh/piggs/binds
  3. Place all of your binds .txt files in this folder.

Now, when you use /bindloadfile, specify the location as .\binds\filename. For example, to load your "abinding.txt" file you would use:

/bind_load_file .\binds\abinding.txt

Notice that there is a period before the path. Do not forget this period.

Step 1 fails, alas. I'm including a screenshot so you can see that I've got the test file, mmshield1.txt, in the right place. But "/bindloadfile mmshield1.txt" gets me "Unable to read in keybind file", as does "/bindloadfile .\mmshield1.txt", which I tried for good measure.

At this point I feel really pretty darned sure I'm doing something wrong without noticing it, but really want to know what, y'know?

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 7.52.27 AM.png

@ParaBruce I tested this myself tonight and got it working. Here is the simplest way to get it working:

Create a binds directory at /Applications/coh/binds

Place all of your binds .txt files in the /Applications/coh/binds directory.

Next, you can use /bind_load_file to load them in game using:

/bind_load_file Z:/Applications/coh/binds/filename.txt

For example, if you wanted to load your abinding.txt file, you would use:

/bind_load_file Z:/Applications/coh/binds/abinding.txt

You can also save and load binds to the universal default keybinds.txt file using /bind_save and /bind_load. The game will indicate that the keybinds.txt file is located at Z:/Applications/coh/keybinds.txt

I have attached a screenshot of both of these functions working in game.

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 6.52.27 PM.png

• Like 1