Unable to login since the 5/7 update

Nyarlahotep

First off let me say, WOW and Thank You for bringing me home! :) 

However since the patch on Tuesday I have been unable to login to SCORE.  Before the patch it might take a few tries (usually 3-5) before I could get to the server selection screen, but now I've been trying for hours and only getting the "The game client is unable to the login server. ..." message.  I have been lurking other posts both here and on the Discord and trying things that have been suggested to others (whitelisting the Tequila folder, turning off my AV/Firewall, deleting the HKEY) but so far nothing has worked.  So I'm reaching out to the forums to see if anyone has any ideas

Read through my guide, see siggy link below. It has the various fixes for game crashing, not starting etc.

I have also updated the tequila.xml file, see attachment in my guide OP.  The auth code was also updated.  If your game was running before it just something that hasn't updated correctly so I would try downloading the xml in my guide and and maybe deleting the tequila registry keys which will then cause tequila to ask you again to point to the game folder which should force it to update everything.

Ok, neither the tequila.xml I had nor the one I downloaded from the Fifth Horseman (the forum post in your post) have a SCORE line as near as I can tell but I'm a cheese person not a programmer.  I found a Paragon Chat line (which used all the same parameters but in a different order) and a Titan Network Forum line but no SCORE line, regardless I am very confused now, can you clarify for me what the SCORE line would look like?

Ok, neither the tequila.xml I had nor the one I downloaded from the Fifth Horseman (the forum post in your post) have a SCORE line as near as I can tell but I'm a cheese person not a programmer.  I found a Paragon Chat line (which used all the same parameters but in a different order) and a Titan Network Forum line but no SCORE line, regardless I am very confused now, can you clarify for me what the SCORE line would look like?

The line is now labeled as Homecoming rather than SCORE, but still references score.exe

I have tried everything in your guide Silk and still not able to connect to the login server.  I reinstalled SCORE and still nothing.  I use internet through a University so I am beginning to think they may have the IP flagged or blocked, I am not sure how to approach the IT folk about trying to play on an unofficial game server though

I have tried everything in your guide Silk and still not able to connect to the login server.  I reinstalled SCORE and still nothing.  I use internet through a University so I am beginning to think they may have the IP flagged or blocked, I am not sure how to approach the IT folk about trying to play on an unofficial game server though

You don't reinstall score... you download the game files and install Tequila or Rum.  You don't start the game with score.exe but start it with Tequila or Rum which are launcher that in turn start score.

That said yes if you are in a university they most likely have some kind of block or restriction, try using a VPN.

Any advice on a VPN that works with Tequila/SCORE, a brief search of the forum reveals that some VPNs work better than others but no names were mentioned

Dunno never really bothered with VPN...you may have better luck asking in the discord for advice on that, link to both discords are in my guide.