Eagle-Eye does not activate Ranged Shot (Sniper) instant-casting

Omega9

Eagle-Eye does not activate Ranged Shot (Sniper) instant-casting. It's not enhanceable with To-Hit buffs so you get forced into taking Manuvers and Tactics from Leadership to get the instant activation on your sniper attack. I thought Eagle-Eye would do this, but having to take 3 powers to get this effect makes the power seem heavily nerfed. This was unexpected since the main purpose of Eagle-Eye was to buff To-Hit. Didn't think the 37.5 % To-Hit would be too low. Is it a bug?

That's because Eagle-Eye doesn't buff To Hit, it buffs Accuracy and provides resistance to To Hit debuffs. Honestly Tactical Arrow is already very good, if it also let you easily get permanent fast-snipe (which currently only Devices can do) then it would be really OP.

So yes like all non-devices Blasters if you want fast-snipe then you'll need to take Tactics, over-slot it (you need 90% enhancements pre-ED) and stick a Kismet IO in another toggle (combat jumping or hover being popular choices)

Defender Smash!

Slotted Tactics did not activate the instant snipe so it's going to be Devices, I like the new Stealth power anyway.

Tactics alone will not unlock fast-snipe. First you need to overslot Tactics (you need 90% enhancement before applying ED effects) which will get you to 16% To Hit and then you need to add a Kistmet IO for an extra 6% To Hit in order to hit the 22% threshold.

So yeah, Targeting Drone is much easier.

Defender Smash!

Slotted Tactics did not activate the instant snipe so it's going to be Devices, I like the new Stealth power anyway.

Tactics alone will not unlock fast-snipe. First you need to overslot Tactics (you need 90% enhancement before applying ED effects) which will get you to 16% To Hit and then you need to add a Kistmet IO for an extra 6% To Hit in order to hit the 22% threshold.

So yeah, Targeting Drone is much easier.

Getting 16.46% To Hit from tactics and 6% from the Kismet so I am at 22.46% to hit according to game and still no insta-snipe on an Arch/TA Blaster :(

Getting 16.46% To Hit from tactics and 6% from the Kismet so I am at 22.46% to hit according to game and still no insta-snipe on an Arch/TA Blaster :(

Question, are you actually able to interrupt your snipe (by moving) or are you just judging it by the lack of a yellow yellow ring? I encountered a bug at 22.37% To Hit where Sniper Rifle was activating using the fast snipe rules (a fast shot with no interruptable period) but he yellow ring wasn't appearing so I think there may be a display bug where the indicator for fast-snipe being in effect requires more To Hit than the power actually requires.

I posted a bug report so if you're seeing the same issue it would be good if you could also confirm it so we know that it's a general bug and not my specific conditions:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,2285.msg14477.html#msg14477

Defender Smash!