Primary Powerset resources?

Varkarrus

Since Sentinels aren't on the Paragon Wiki, I wanted to know if there was any other resources that detail the various Sentinel powersets; especially how they differ from Blaster powersets.

I know that Sentinels don't get Snipe attacks, with new attacks that replace them. I believe there's other power differences too; while looking for a resource, I saw mention that the Sentinel version of Tesla Cage deals significantly more damage than the Blaster version.

If there's no such resource, maybe it should be added to the unofficial Homecoming wiki, which is currently very lacking.

The single target holds such as Tesla Cage and Bitter Freeze Ray get heavy damage. Snipes as you've noticed get replaced - in some cases (Dark/Beam) by an area effect, in others with just a quick-firing ability, basically an 80ft perma-fast-snipe.

The secondaries are also mixed up a little by the way; numbers just a tweak lower than scrapper/stalker, and the sets themselves a little juggled around as well.

There are some other changes in the Sentinel powersets.  For instance, I recently rolled an ice/ninjitsu sentinel, and I noticed that I got freeze ray earlier than a blaster would, it does more damage, but it's a sleep now instead of a hold.  Ninjitsu has this power that increases your run speed, jump height, grants some small defense buff, and grants stealth, with a bonus to damage while you are stealthed.

There are some other changes in the Sentinel powersets.  For instance, I recently rolled an ice/ninjitsu sentinel, and I noticed that I got freeze ray earlier than a blaster would, it does more damage, but it's a sleep now instead of a hold.  Ninjitsu has this power that increases your run speed, jump height, grants some small defense buff, and grants stealth, with a bonus to damage while you are stealthed.

Unfortunately, the Sentinel version Freeze Ray (Chilling Ray) is inferior to the Blaster/Corruptor/Defender version.  It does less damage, has a longer activation time, and as you noted, it has a sleep instead of a hold attached to it.  On top of that, the sleep doesn't even appear to be longer than the Blaster version's hold effect.

In fact, it seems the first three single target attacks in Ice have all had their recharge lowered (and thus their damage nerfed).  This might be helpful in the lower levels, but in the grand scheme it'll hurt. 

(Incidentally, it looks like Pine's underestimates Sentinel Ice attack values by a handful of points in almost every case.)

I still think Ice is an excellent choice for Sentinels, because their shorter-nuke gimmick synergizes extremely well with the long(ish) term debuffs that are attached to Blizzard.  But some of the choices made when porting the blast sets over to Sents just feel needless.

I contemplated doing a quick and dirty rundown of the bigger changes to primaries in their porting from Blaster to Sentinel aside from "less range" and "you get this earlier/later" but didn't think there'd be a use for it.  Unless there is, and I should.

(This interest in compiling and presenting information wasn't there when I had to write term papers, I can tell you that for free.)

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.