Tips for a Darkness/Time Controller

Kaliselia

Okay I created a Darkness/Time Controller and she impressed me at an early level.

She is currently approaching level 10 so she only has a very few things to work with right now along with a Travel Power (Flight).

So currently she uses; Shadowy Binds & Dark Grasp along with Brawl (she is a Controller and well Damage is not her thing just yet), both have four slots.

Shadowy Binds:  Damage, Recharge, Damage, Accuracy

Dark Grasp:  Damage, Recharge, Hold, Accuracy

So far I have passed on Living Shadows but will be picking up Possess and have been debating on going with Fighting since having something else that deals damage might be good.

So any other tips?

I would skip fighting.  If you are playing on the Homecoming servers pick up the old vet powers from the P2W vendor (they are free).  They are the the left of the Atlas statue (the side nearest the pond).

I do not know the Time Manipulation really at all as I just messed with it on Test back in the day.

As in my Dark/Dark Controller thread,  I think Living Shadows is skippable in most builds, but others say it is worth it.

It sounds like you solo quite a bit so Possess will certainly help your soloing speed.  All in all i am impressed with the Darkness Control set.  It is well rounded for solo and team play.

Well Time slows down their attacks which is important and I do have the AoE Slow and Healing Powers so far.

Both have two slots with each having Slow and Heal per their Power.

The AoE Slow works only against those who get two close which is important since if you are fighting a group of mobs some will get close.

I have tested all the pool attacks on a low level controller to see which might be a good filler attack and the only one I can recommend is Air Superiority. It does the most damage, has a good quick attack animation, and actually does provide you with some control because it's a -fly power. Say you're flying around fighting sky raiders and some dude flies up to you.  Hit them with dark grasp and follow up with an Air Superiority punch and watch him drop to the ground like a stone.

Possess is super helpful for low level soloing. Even if you just make one Hellion run around like a chicken of darkness shooting his buddies, that's one dude who's not shooting you. It's also an attack that carries no aggro, so a great way to start a fight is by possessing one guy and letting him draw aggro then you get closer and start dropping your holds. Fearsome Stare will also be extremely helpful.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

Thanks,

Oh and I did stop by the P2W Vendor and pick up the Staff so that does gave an additional attack power that has knock back as well.

I did pick up Possess last night and was seeing what it would do on a few missions.

Next Power will probably be Fearsome Stare.

fearsome stare is pretty clutch --- its (with just a little recharge) an AOE control that is available on pretty much every mob, and it is a cone like the aoe immobilize so usually the same positioning works (its not *exactly* the same but close). The to-hit penalty is double (-15% unenhanced) that of  your stuff you have now and that combined with farsight/-to hit toggle means enemies will be pretty much hitting 5% of the time (and when you are soloing fightened is almost like a hold as all the ones you aren't actively attacking won't do anything,--- in a group the usually are attacking more frequently so its less of a hold)