Dark/SR or Dark/Inv?

Cheese Slicer

I'm thinking of making an old school AV killing Dark Melee Scrapper, but I don't know whether to go with Super Reflexes or Invulnerability as my secondary. Which of the two would you all recommend as the more survivable secondary for AV killing... I mean defeating? Or maybe you have an even better suggestion for a secondary that doesn't necessarily go full on old school, but still does a fantastic job when combined with Dark Melee?

Edited by Cheese Slicer

Both should do fine, also DM/Shield should do fine. SR has the advantage of being easy to softcap and having a 20% extra recharge since, for AV killing, your attack chain has to be Soul Drain as soon as it's up and then Midnight Grasp - Smite - Soul Drain - Smite and you'll need a lot of rchg for that chain

/bio is probably actually the best at AV (and potentially even GM) killing.  There is a reason TW/Bio is the new AV/GM killing FoTM.  DM when buffed with soul drain shouldn't be too far different though.  Bio with its damage buff, -res debuff, and -regen debuffs make a good bit of difference.  They aren't huge, but they add up when you combine them with envenomed daggers and incarnate debuffs.

Bio is much harder to max defense on though and more clicky and not everyone is a fan of the visuals (even the minimal ones).  Also soul drain doesn't buff bio damage aura since it is toxic damage.