Macros/binding for crab soldier pets

ParaBruce

This is my first time getting a crab soldier up to the point of having pets. Just spiderlings so far, but the others will come. And I realized that I don't know something important about using them well. So:

If I'm making a powexec_location macro or binding, since I hate manually targeting a summoning, do I want them appearing on me or on a target?

8 hours ago, ParaBruce said:

If I'm making a powexec_location macro or binding, since I hate manually targeting a summoning, do I want them appearing on me or on a target?

The Spiderlings are very fragile when not covered by your defensive auras, and still pretty fragile when they are.  The Disruptors and Striker/Widow/Blaster/Coralax aren't substantially beefier. The spiderbots come in using the web-drop animation and can get hit before they are even able to react. So personally, I'd never summon any of them on an enemy target, unless you're totally cool with them getting flattened immediately.  If you want a pet for eating an alpha strike, thats what Omega Maneuver is for, or use your free buff pet from the P2W.  

Generally, I just spawn all 3 pets on me/just use the reticle to make sure they're spawned away from any nearby mobs.  I also have started using the P2W pet more because its an extra friendly target for triggering Gaussians proc in TT:Leadership.