Looking for end game, expensive, SS/WP build advice.

dmaker

I know we see a lot of these build requests here, and I apologize, but there simply are people wiser and more knowledgeable around builds than I am. I am building a SS/WP Brute to two box with. I would like to create an end game build where cost is no consideration. I can be patient and farm what is required. 

I am thinking of no taunt, one slot in rage, no hurl. No res in WP either. For ancillary pools I would be taking Leaping (CJ and SJ for travel), Leadership, Speed (hasten) and Fighting. For epic I will be taking energy mastery. 

Given the above, would anyone have an end game (expensive) build that aligns with the above framework? For general purpose, I'd probably rather lean more into sturdy over damage dealing, but do not plan to tank for teams. 

Thank-you!

Edited by dmaker

What are you planning on 2 boxing this with ? I do this on my Scrapper (tw/bio) with a pocket Sonic Defender. Depending on what you are pocketing your needs will be different: if you have a +res pocket or a +def pocket.
I really like having the Sonic Defender, he gives me a ton of +res from his Sonic Barrier and Sonic Haven so it is very, very easy to cap S/L/F/C/E/N. The beauty of this bot though is the Sonic Dispersion toggle that gives a -res 30% aura around my main. I tried having the bot be in a more active role at the beginning but I quickly realized that I am not gaining anything since it ruins the attack chain on the main character so the -res toggle is the best thing I could have him do that helps on damage without drawing any aggro.
All the bot does is 3 Leadership toggles and Sonic Dispersion. He also has Victory Rush which I can hit once in a while but I do it less and less now that I can push Ageless. Other than that, he just sits behind his Invisibility and flies over the mobs to provide his leadership auras. Disruption Field is not used much because I try to keep him out of range of collateral damage.

As a side note, it's possible to 3 box on one machine (allowed as per the rules page). The 3rd account, in this scenario usually just stays at the entrance of whatever I am doing with his scrren minimized or in longer TFs just comes inside the actual mission on the last part before the rewards. The main purpose of this 3rd wheel is to come along the various TFs that I solo and get me 3x the merit points at the end of them ( This team does Penny Yin for example in 36 mins )

Edited by Seigmoraig

It will primarily be two boxing with a MA/WP Brute. I know it is a high degree of over lap, but it's mostly for fun. I will also solo with this build as well. The MA/WP is already long built and will come along for the ride for when a little extra face kicking is needed 🙂

9 minutes ago, dmaker said:

It will primarily be two boxing with a MA/WP Brute. I know it is a high degree of over lap, but it's mostly for fun. I will also solo with this build as well. The MA/WP is already long built and will come along for the ride for when a little extra face kicking is needed 🙂

I don't know what your setup is like but typically playing 1 character to its fullest is a lot better than playing 2 characters half assed. You won't really be gaining any DPS if you stop playing 1 for a time to go push buttons on the other. To have a pocket that will actually contribute it really needs to do something passively. 30% -res all the time from a sonic def is a good example of something for nothing 😛

Edited by Seigmoraig

I hear you. I would probably just /follow with Footstomp on auto.  There will be some passive bonus from leadership toggles, but I will solo with this toon sometimes as well, as such I am still interested in the build I mentioned. But it will either solo or two box, never PUG tank or really tank at all is mostly what I was getting at by mentioning the two box.

Though you have tweaked my curiosity about creating a pocket support class to bring with me...hmmm. Never really played anything but melee toons--and pretty much all Brutes or the odd Tank. I just can't do squishy.

30 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Though you have tweaked my curiosity about creating a pocket support class to bring with me...hmmm. Never really played anything but melee toons--and pretty much all Brutes or the odd Tank. I just can't do squishy.

I really enjoy playing melee above ranged/support also. Seriously though, my Sonic Defender literally does nothing but follow me around... Her secondary was chosen by a dice roll and if I could have *not* put anything in there I wouldn't have because they will never be pressed one way or another lol

I did it with the Sonic Defender, my buddy does it with a Robot/FF Mastermind so that he can turn the bots on aggro when he needs some help DPSing an AV or something, I could also see it being done with some sort of controller

Sidenote: Having the guy on autofollow works to a certain extent. If you are fighting mobs that do a lot of aoe, or Freaks that drain endo like there's no tomorrow, the bot will often be in trouble. If you are doing +4/8 content and your second dude is following around with low-med tier enhancements, footstomping left and right, he will draw aggro real fast and die even faster. It's better to have them follow at a short distance or just fly above and out of range of aoe but in range for leadership

Edited by Seigmoraig

I have a SS/WP brute I'm leveling up right now that I have a projected build for at 50th, and she does extremely well in the testing I've been doing. I don't have hasten though, so that might change things around a little bit. I'm also at work so I can't post it at the moment, but generally:

44% smash/lethal defense, 40% fire/cold defense, 30-35% to most everything else

83% smash/lethal resist, 30-40% vs everything else

Rage is at a 123s recharge, so it only has a 3 second downtime window, mostly due to the changes they're making on test, where stacking it is automatic crash

I didn't bother taking hurl either, instead picked up the entire fighting tree to try and get the most out of cross punch, to have another aoe attack, and it works quite well. With middling fury values it's hitting for 200-230. More if I have rage popped.