Thoughts on Elec/Energy?

lokiie1984

I'm trying to build a dominator around a theme for a costume i came up with and i have always wanted one at 50 as it's the only archetype i never did anything with on live. I have played around with elec and so far i really like the end draining side of it but i've been having trouble figuring out a secondary.

I plan to take one or two melee skills for when something gets close but in general i wanna do ranged attacks (i understand elec plays close to the fight for the aura but that's fine.) So far energy looks neat in the character builder, however how do people deal with the knock back in groups? I have heard of the knock back to down IO but is that an invention or the overwhelming force thing? Do you slot it in all your attacks or just one?

I just remember on live all the melee classes hated energy blast for knock back and i don't wanna be pissing off people.

I believe that for Energy Assault, all of your KB powers are single-target, and that's usually not considered a problem... you HOld a target, then you start hammering it, who cares if it gets knocked back, it's your dragon to kill at that point. The only thing to avoid is knocking back the mob in the center of the pack that someone is using as an AoE target... but that's easily avoided by picking on the closest targets and knocking them back towards the rest of the mobs. Your AoE is a PBAoE with a Disorient, so that's not a problem.