Chat log reporting error for Soul Mastery/Soul Tentacles

ZorkNemesis

I noticed tonight that when I was using Soul Tentacles from Soul Mastery tonight, there was an inconsistency in the chat log with the damage it was dealing.  The power description for Soul Tentacles states that it deals only Negative damage on all of its damage ticks, however the chat log was reporting Smashing damage for the DoT effect, similar to Dark Blast/Tenebrous Tentacles which does deal Smashing damage with the DoT.  I double checked to make sure what damage it was dealing: against an equal level enemy that had Smashing resistance but not Negative resistance (a Bane Spider Commando specifically) the DoT was not being resisted by this enemy, indicating that the power is still dealing Negative damage for the DoT effect as stated by the description.

Not a major issue but it confused me for a bit as Smashing is a fairly common resistance and I use Soul Tentacles for extra Negative damage where my Psionics are heavily resisted.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.