Tequila.exe command line options?

r0y

Are there any command line options that can be parsed when loading tequila.exe / creating its shortcut (e.g. shortcut to: tequilla.exe -manifest <manifest> -client <client>)?

I'd like to create a shortcut for Homecoming, 64-bit client; as well as other servers, their clients.  Or even a direct launch of Titan or Paragon Chat, etc.

My searching did not turn up anything, so I am asking here.  Thanks!

I don't know of a way for tequila to do that, but you can manually create shortcuts to any of the client binaries and add command line arguments to launch them instead.

To directly launch the 64-bit client, locate the cityofheroes.exe and create a shortcut to it. Then add the command line arguments.

For example:

"C:\Games\City of Heroes\hc-bin64\cityofheroes.exe" -patchversion 2019.09.30 -auth 51.79.19.146 -patchdir homecoming

Just remember that you'll need to update the shortcut when new versions are released by opening http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml in a web browser and replacing any command line changes.

You don't need command line arguments to launch Icon or Paragon Chat. Just create shortcuts to icon.exe located in the game folder or ParagonChat.exe which on newer versions of Windows is usually located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ParagonChat.

As well as keeping the client files patched as well before launch.  That's why Tequila is preferred over users making shortcut icons themselves.

There are command-line options, but they don't serve the purposes you're needing:

-noselfpatch: do not attempt to patch itself.

-md5: generates an MD5 sum of itself and copies it to the clipboard, for use with self patching.

-dev: display the devlaunch profiles.

-nomove: do not relocate Tequila to the install folder.

-noselfpatch is supposed to shave time, but Tequila itself rarely updates with a new version so you wouldn't see a startup time improvement 98% of the time.  The -md5 flag helps when modifying Tequila itself (which is on GitHub). -dev is useless on a Production Manifest, and -nomove just keeps Tequila out of the client folder when it's run.

Edited by Tahquitz
(Forgot this isn't Discord. Backticks do nothing.)

Inactive account.

I have used a windows batch file for launching the client since I started multi-boxing because ISBoxer doesn't like launching the client natively (though all the guides I have seen suggest it's possible). I have I hope removed any specific information from the following so you cannot steal my accounts... 😉

@echo off
setlocal
set cpath=d:\Games\Tequila\
set cexe=hc-bin64\cityofheroes.exe
set pver=2019.09.30
set auth=51.79.19.146
set pdir=homecoming
cls
:start
echo.
echo City of Heroes batch launcher, this batch file will launch 3+ clients depending on the following keypress
echo You will need to re-run it for each client launch. 1 & 2 Will autofill their respective Accounts, 3+ won't.
echo.
echo Starting a client will set the registry for that start. Restarting without this .bat will NOT reset the registry
ECHO.
echo 	1:	Account1		(Large)	(Multi-Box)	Center Screen 	(Borderless 2)
echo 	2:	Account2		(Large)	(Multi-Box)	Left Screen		(Windowed Maximised)
echo 	3:	Account3		(Small)	(Multi-Box)	Right Screen	(Small Window)
echo 	4:	Test			(Small) Right Screen - Testing
ECHO 	5: CoH (Change Account on Login), intended for solo.
echo 	6: Launch Beta Client
echo.
echo	8: Store current Registry settings to a temp file for later integration.
echo 	9: Exit
echo.
choice /n /c:123456789 /m "Pick an option:"
if ERRORLEVEL == 9 goto end
if ERRORLEVEL == 8 goto store
if ERRORLEVEL == 7 goto start
if ERRORLEVEL == 6 goto Beta
if ERRORLEVEL == 5 goto Solo
if ERRORLEVEL == 4 goto Q4CoH4
if ERRORLEVEL == 3 goto Q4CoH3
if ERRORLEVEL == 2 goto Q4CoH2
if ERRORLEVEL == 1 goto Q4CoH1

:store
cls
echo.
echo Will store (to %cpath%) the current registry settings for the most recently closed game client.
echo.
echo Please rename this to one of the following premades (multiplay1... etc)
echo.
regedit -e %cpath%temp_coh_settings.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cryptic\CoH
goto end

:Q4CoH1
cls
echo.
echo Launching Account1 (Centre Screen)
echo.
set pswd=password
regedit /S d:\Games\Tequila\Q4CoH1.reg
goto launch

:Q4CoH2
cls
echo.
echo Launching Account2 (Right Screen)
echo.
set pswd=password
regedit /S d:\Games\Tequila\Q4CoH2.reg
goto launch

:Q4CoH3
cls
echo.
echo Launching Account3 (Small Screen)
echo Please adjust account on launch.
echo.
set pswd=password
regedit /S d:\Games\Tequila\Q4CoH3.reg
goto launch

:Q4CoH4
cls
echo.
echo Launching A Small Screen for testing.
echo Please adjust account on launch.
echo.
set pswd=password
regedit /S d:\Games\Tequila\Q4CoH4.reg
goto launch

:Solo
cls
echo.
echo Launching for (Solo)
echo Chnage the account on load...
echo.
set pswd=password
regedit /S d:\Games\Tequila\soloplay.reg
goto launch

:Beta
cls
echo.
echo Launching Beta (Solo)
echo Chnage the account on load...
echo.
set pswd=password
regedit /S d:\Games\Tequila\Q4CoH1.reg
echo|set /p=%pswd%|clip
D:\Games\Tequila\hc-bin64\cityofheroes-beta.exe -patchversion 2019.09.20 -auth 167.114.165.144 -patchdir hc-beta
goto end

:launch
echo|set /p=%pswd%|clip
D:\Games\Tequila\hc-bin64\cityofheroes.exe -patchversion %pver% -auth %auth% -patchdir %pdir%
goto end

:end
endlocal

Notes:

• Top section (before ":Start" should be changed to reflect your installation path.
  • Each launch section contains a local variable for your password, as I'm working with three accounts and use a LastPass style password it's easier for me to add the passwords here and just copy/paste them in (the "echo|set /p=%pswd%|clip" actually takes the entered password and copies it to the clipboard). However in the interests of safety you can ignore this and/or just remove the "set pswd=password" and "echo|set /p=%pswd%|clip" lines entirely if you wish.
  • The regedit section (":store") and the importing of .reg files is to facilitate different graphics & sound options per client, once again these can be ignored if you don't plan on doing that.
    • I found out how to send a 2nd/3rd client to different monitors without using Borderless, I now use it as a fast way of positioning my windows.

This is way over what you're asking for I know... but hehe I'm proud of this... 😄

You will still need Tequila to manually update the game every time it patches (more often if you're using the beta client).

Edited by Lost Ninja
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1