Kinda Rusty

Darkone519

2 minutes ago, Darkone519 said:

I haven't played since the shutdown years ago and got my tank to lvl 50 and looking for a good respec build for my Invuln /energy tank,help me please.Thanks

Any pre reqs , pool powers, regular powers you cant live without? 

Also do you want more bias towards being unkillable or more damage with slight vulnerabilities?

Edited by Infinitum

For the Invuln portion you can check out my guide in the Guides section or my current build from this post: 

CMA is Inv/Stone but it should get you a good starting point.  On the /EM portion I haven't played that set since they nerfed the crap out of it sometime around issue 8 so I'm not the right person to suggest powers although you'll want the AOE as an attention getter if nothing else.  I'd also consider Pyre for your epic for Fire Blast & Fire Ball; I use them as aggro tools and Fireball is another AOE attack... it does work just as well in Melee.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Darkone519 said:

Don't care

ok take a look at this.  if you want to play around with changing whirling hands with cross punch - cross punch actually does more damage and recharges faster.

unstoppable is there only as a defense IO mule

Toggle Melee core on and off to see what your baseline vs what melee core brings to the table.

Between the +end Procs and Agility on your alpha you will be ok on endurance.

Personally i always try to take focused accuracy because i hate getting blinded, it prevents that.

You could also run Caridac on your Alpha slot, if you wanted extra resistance, but i dont think its necessary.

If you want more Toxic and Psi Resistances deslot barrage and spread it our across all the unbreakable slotted powers and 5 slot with unbreakable guard and last slot with impervium armor.

The trade off is Melee defense and FIre and cold res.Bursting Star - Tanker (Invulnerability) - Defense.mxdBursting Star - Tanker (Invulnerability) - Psi.mxd

2 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

ok take a look at this.  if you want to play around with changing whirling hands with cross punch - cross punch actually does more damage and recharges faster.

unstoppable is there only as a defense IO mule

Toggle Melee core on and off to see what your baseline vs what melee core brings to the table.

Between the +end Procs and Agility on your alpha you will be ok on endurance.

Personally i always try to take focused accuracy because i hate getting blinded, it prevents that.

You could also run Caridac on your Alpha slot, if you wanted extra resistance, but i dont think its necessary.

If you want more Toxic and Psi Resistances deslot barrage and spread it our across all the unbreakable slotted powers and 5 slot with unbreakable guard and last slot with impervium armor.

The trade off is Melee defense and FIre and cold res.Bursting Star - Tanker (Invulnerability) - Defense.mxdBursting Star - Tanker (Invulnerability) - Psi.mxd

Focused Accuracy just costs too much end for the benefit it gives... if I run into a case where I get blinded yellow candy fixes the problem without devoting a power selection to an edge case situation.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Focused Accuracy just costs too much end for the benefit it gives... if I run into a case where I get blinded yellow candy fixes the problem without devoting a power selection to an edge case situation.

its worth it if you dont have end issues with it though  🙂

and i can assure you that build does not have end issues.

When I design a tank build the first thing i look for is Survivability, the second is end usage.  I test on beta before i roll anything out live.

If something doesnt work i go back to the drawing board.  That build works and has little weaknesses outside of a slight psi issue, but when you are facing heavy psi toggle Melee Core and it should carry you though and you still have dull pain on top of that.

You could also use Rebirth radial if you think you need an extra heal but i have found the ageless radial debuff resistance is more valuable if you go in with it.

2 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

its worth it if you dont have end issues with it though  🙂

and i can assure you that build does not have end issues.

Well, it's your build after all.  I just toss a Kismet Accuracy (To Hit actually, not Accuracy) into Combat Jumping and call it good.  I rarely have any character who doesn't at least occasionally need to consider endurance; my Archery/TA blaster's the sole exception since that combo uses practically no endurance.

• Like 1

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Call Me Awesome said:

Well, it's your build after all.  I just toss a Kismet Accuracy (To Hit actually, not Accuracy) into Combat Jumping and call it good.  I rarely have any character who doesn't at least occasionally need to consider endurance; my Archery/TA blaster's the sole exception since that combo uses practically no endurance.

yeah i thought about that too, but its so lean with slots as is i would have to give up some defense to do that.

so thats why i usually go with cardiac or agility with ageless radial and endurance issues is solved even running all toggles with focused accuracy.

With ageless the malta sappers dont even bother you much.

Edited by Infinitum

Just now, Infinitum said:

yeah i thought about that too, but its so lean with slots as is i would have to give up some defense to do that.

so thats why i usually go with cardiac or agility with ageless radial and endurance issues is solved even running all toggles with focused accuracy.

I rarely slot CJ, just go with the Kismet in the base slot.  If you're looking for all the recharge you can get then I understand needing a LotG in there as well.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I rarely slot CJ, just go with the Kismet in the base slot.  If you're looking for all the recharge you can get then I understand needing a LotG in there as well.

i usually put a LotG global and the REactive defenses scaling resistance in there because usually you have CJ in the build early and the reactive defenses is a really handy thing to have early on.

later also but more so early on.

Oh yeah i forgot about this but one of the biggest reasons to use Focused accuracy is that it provides a huge to hit debuff resistance.

So that combined with ageless you can face most incarnate end game stuff and not get debuffed too badly.

Edited by Infinitum

Almost all my builds across all AT's pick up CJ, and most tend to get it early in the build... before 20 and usually before 10.  It's just so dang useful and uses for all practical purposes zero endurance.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Almost all my builds across all AT's pick up CJ, and most tend to get it early in the build... before 20 and usually before 10.  It's just so dang useful and uses for all practical purposes zero endurance.

yeah agreed, i dont have any build without CJ.  if for nothing else but the increased movement.