Caleb Isn't Spawning Properly

Apparition

On Saturday, a friend of mine tried four times to spawn Caleb in Nerva by defeating several hundred Nerva ghosts around Thorn Isle.  Nothing.  On Sunday, I tried twice, defeating over 200 ghosts around Thorn Isle each time.  Nothing.  Today, I finally got the "The Demon Caleb has been spotted in Nerva" message, but three of us circled Thorn Isle for over ten minutes and never spotted him.  When daylight came up, we tried again, defeating over 300 Nerva ghosts between us.  Nothing.

I've heard of others spawning Caleb since the Halloween event ended, but it appears to be spotty at best.

• 9 months later

Arise, ye nine month old bug report thread!

This is still an issue.  A group of five (including myself), defeated a ton of Nerva ghosts around Thorn Isle this evening.  Way more than necessary.   We then all hovered around the big tree where he should spawn.  However, when the moon rose... there was no Caleb, nor "The Demon Caleb has been spotted in Nerva" message in the Villain Zone Event Messages channel.   I checked both tabs I have set to receive that channel.  None of us got it.

However, a couple of us started searching the Thorn Isle area, and sure enough Caleb was there.  Just nowhere near where he spawns.

So, we have a couple of different theories.  Either he's spawning (even though none of us saw him spawn and we were all right at the big tree), and sometimes the game just doesn't report his spawning, or he never actually despawns.  He just becomes invisible during the day if not defeated, and becomes visible again at night.

Either way, Caleb does not appear to be working as intended.

Edit: After re-reading the first post, and just now seeing "The Demon Caleb has been spotted" message after we killed him a half hour ago, I think the second theory is correct.  It appears that Caleb is not despawning if he is not killed after spawning.  He just becomes invisible during the day, and re-appears somewhere at night.

Edited by Apparition

Erm, you didn't mentioned about flying. Yes, sometimes he spawns on the ground or the coastline, but most of the time, he's flying high. Like really high. Not to mention, it's a bit hard to see him in broad daylight, I mean, he's a ghost.

Edited by Heliodorus