Ideas for CoX!

Zugzwangz

I came back to the game a few months ago. It's been a real treat reconnecting with players from my past, some of which were huge support pillars during my deployments. I've put together a list of some things that I'd like to see implemented, cosmetically and otherwise. 

Cosmetic:

Mummified Boots - Every other armor slot has a "mummified" option, except the boots. The closest you can get is the "wrapped" texture, which has an odd color tint issues causing the same color used on other armor slots to be a different shade.

Hooded Lamps Variants - The Hooded Lamps are a great "backpack" feature. I think it would be neat to expand upon this. Perhaps the subsection can change the items that hover in the circle. Some suggestions would be things like solid orbs, shining orbs, orbs with electricity around them, swords (blade out), fireballs, bubbles, and/or rocks. One could even expand on this and allow for horizontal or slanted rotation around the hero's body. 

Seraphim Wings - A set of six wings with a length between that of the current "angel" and "cherub" sets. 

Rainbow Color Option - Basically a "random" color option. "Bolt" style abilities, such as Fireball, Ice Blast, Lightning Bolt, etc, will be one solid color but a different color on each volley, while larger abilities, such as Glacier, Fire Cages, and Stalagmites will be a different color for each protrusion (example: Glacier holds 4 enemies. One enemy will have a red ice block, another a green ice block, one blue, and the last one may have a white ice block, all from the same ability). Lastly, durational abilities, such as Volcanic Gasses, Bonfire, and Burn will change colors throughout its duration. Volcanic Gasses may start off yellow but change to blue, then green, then red, then orange, then pink, then purple, then black, then white before it finally dissipates. 

Powersets:

Magic Blast (Blaster) - A new blaster powerset that uses a staff. A staff option can be added to the costume creator for this powerset. Examples of powers are as follows:

Arcane Spike - minor dmg, fast rchg

Arcane Blast - mod dmg, fast rchg

Arcane Burst - AoE, mod dmg, mod rchg

Magic Eruption - Conic AoE, high dmg, mod rchg

Focus Magic - (flavored "Aim") 

Arcane Missiles - high dmg, mod rchg (snipe)

Arcane Explosion - PBAoE, mod dmg, slow rchg

Magic Rune - +dmg (places rune on the ground. As long as the blaster remains in the rune, he/she deals additional damage), long rchg. 

Arcane Detonation - AoE extreme dmg, long cd

Water Command (Defender, Corruptor, Mastermind, Controller) - A healing spec with a water thematic.

Restorative Waters - The Warmth, Healing Aura, etc of the Water Command tree. It acts a bit differently, however. It can be used on any ally, rather than the player itself. It's still a PBAoE, but it works off of the ally targeted. Fast rchg.

Restorative Tide - Single target heal. Same type of heal as Heal Other from the Empathy tree. Fast rchg.

Surging Tide - Heals a large amount of health. Long rchg.

Reviving Waters - Ally resurrection. All nearby allied get a recovery boost. Very long rchg.

Wakening Rain - Clear mind. Fast rchg.

Tidal Force - Ally buff. +acc, +rec, +regen, +rchg (similar to Fortitude and Forge).

Crashing Waves - Places a buff on an ally that causes waves to crash toward them in all directions periodically. These waves will bring any enemies it encounters toward the ally and deal smashing damage. For each enemy displaced, the ally gains a small amount of HP. Toggled. 

Undercurrent - Places an AoE at a target location that slowly regenerates Endurance and grants a To Hit bonus to allies in the area while slowing and knocking down enemies. 

Tsunami - PBAoE (not a toggle). Buffs all nearby allies for a moderate amount of time. Allies affected by Tsunami heal for a portion of the damage they deal while the buff lasts. Very long rchg.

These are just a few ideas I had. Obviously, the powersets will never be implemented, but I enjoyed creating them. 

• Like 2

• Retired Game Master
3 hours ago, Zugzwangz said:

I came back to the game a few months ago.

Welcome back to the City! And thanks for the ideas! I've moved them to the Suggestions & Feedback forum so that they're more likely to be seen by the people that make things happen.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zugzwangz said:

Cosmetic:

Mummified Boots - Every other armor slot has a "mummified" option, except the boots. The closest you can get is the "wrapped" texture, which has an odd color tint issues causing the same color used on other armor slots to be a different shade.

This one is there. It's under Flat>Mummified.

Mummified.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!