Minor improvement to Tequila

Mageman

I don't know if you have any control over the code used in Tequila. If you do, here is something I would like to see:

When you start Tequila, have it remembers the last way you entered the game. The reason is I used to get a lot of crashes while zoning. Then I started using the 64-Bit, and it hasn't crashed while zoning (and I don't think it has crashed at all). However, whenever I start Tequila, it always has Homecoming selected - the first one on the list. Many times I have missed changing it and started CoH in 32-Bit instead of the 64-Bit that I want. So I have to exit and start it in 64-Bit.

When you login to the Homecoming servers, it remembers which one you last logged into and puts that one at the top of the list. I would like Tequila to remember I selected Homecoming (64-Bit) last time and put it as selected (maybe even at the top of the list).

Edited by Mageman

• Retired Game Master

Thanks for the feedback! I have good and 'bad' news.

'Bad' news: Tequila is open sourced, however the Homecoming team is looking to move to something different, so it's unlikely there will be any major development made to it.

That said, the good news is this does not actually require any changes to Tequila. The manifest drives the order items show up, and it's possible they will rearrange it to have the 64 bit be the top option at some point in the future, especially as this is not an uncommon request.

Finally, if you weren't aware, you can double-click an item in Tequila's list to launch it, you don't have to click the launch button. This can also bypass the validation (it still runs, it just lets you launch the game despite that). Careful about doing this when there's a patch, though, or the game may not connect or may behave unexpectedly if it does, and may also prevent patching until the game is closed.