RP Bases Popmenu

Mnemnosyne

Working for myself, I started to create a popmenu to allow quick and easy access to some of the bases the community has so kindly provided as amazing RP venues. After working on it, I realized this would probably be a nice resource for the community, so I am making it available to everyone here.

Not every base is included here; at the moment, I've gone to a number of bases and added the ones I thought would make good RP venues, and that I could imagine myself using with any of my characters. No doubt I have missed some cool ones; I may also have decided not to include one simply because I didn't imagine myself ever RPing there with my characters, before I decided to make this available to everyone. I will probably update this in the future, but sporadically; do not expect highly regular updates. The format of the file should be obvious enough for anyone to add bases for themselves if they have one they want to include, as well.

The Homecoming team has said that the enterbasefrompasscode command will be deactivated eventually, but they have also stated that they want to keep the functionality of being able to enter bases through a command; that command will just be more restricted than the current one. At that time, I will definitely update this to keep it functional with the new command, which will presumably require being near a base portal to use, or something of that nature.

Instructions:

Unzip this file into your City of Heroes folder, it should create the necessary directory structure if you don't already have it.

Once in game, you can access the popmenu with "/popmenu bases", or use /bind <key> "popmenu bases" to create a keybind to activate it.

Base Popmenu.zip

This is really quite good.

As for the RP aspect of being able to zap oneself into any base from anywhere, I'd think it would be useful to perhaps restrict use of base entry to the following: 

1) Next to a Base Portal (obvious)

2) In the Tram Station / on a Ferry

3) On a Smuggler Ship (sub or cargo ship, as is used to get to Striga Isle or Peregrine Island)

The other possible method is to use /loc to find coords to instance doors in the game, perhaps to a warehouse or a skyscraper or whatnot. Then when you create the base, you can set an "entry zone" for your base so that the command can be used there.  That of course would involve considerable coding to keep track of all the base "entry zones" and cross-check them against where someone is when they type the command.... 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

1 hour ago, MistressOhm said:

As for the RP aspect of being able to zap oneself into any base from anywhere, I'd think it would be useful to perhaps restrict use of base entry to the following: 

1) Next to a Base Portal (obvious)

2) In the Tram Station / on a Ferry

3) On a Smuggler Ship (sub or cargo ship, as is used to get to Striga Isle or Peregrine Island)

If you're going to require being near an already existing mode of transit, there is no reason to keep a command of some kind.  Just use the portal. 

The nice feature of the code (and temp power at the P2W store) is it can be used from anywhere.  I like the idea proposed in the threads about this topic where it could have a brief customizable animation (to prevent if from being abused as escape from death in PvP and on MOTF runs) and keeping a pre-programmed base code.

@Mnemnosyne thanks for making this!  Will definitely give it a try.

Edited by ShardWarrior
  • Like 1

I don't know exactly what they will actually do to limit the command, that was just my hypothesis that it might be limited to function only within range of the portal. The reason why a command would still be useful in that case is precisely to enable the use of something like this popmenu, which could not work without one.

• Thumbs Up 1