Zone loading

Fr3akster

When you say crash do you mean a hard crash back to the desktop or back to login after a long load time?

Which version of the game are you running (32Bit, 64Bit... etc)

Computer details. Crashing (to desktop) on zoning to me sounds like a GPU or Memory issue.

If it's a long load time then dropping back to the login it sounds more like a network issue.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:08 AM, Lost Ninja said:

When you say crash do you mean a hard crash back to the desktop or back to login after a long load time?

Which version of the game are you running (32Bit, 64Bit... etc)

Computer details. Crashing (to desktop) on zoning to me sounds like a GPU or Memory issue.

If it's a long load time then dropping back to the login it sounds more like a network issue.

It is a crash back to login screen. I have no network issues as this only happens in zones that are not AP. KR, PI, SC etc

13 minutes ago, Fr3akster said:

It is a crash back to login screen. I have no network issues as this only happens in zones that are not AP. KR, PI, SC etc

It IS a network issue as far as I can tell but probably your network specifically.

I frequently have the same issue loading in to PI/RWZ and sometimes Talos (hell all zones occasionally). The server that handles the handshake between your client and the actual zone server takes too long to respond. I haven't come up with any fixes apart from retrying until it does work.

Hopefully now we can see it's an issue with connectivity rather than a hard crash someone who knows specifically what is going on can chime in. You'll appreciate for the efforts of troubleshooting a "Crash" is not the same as getting booted back to the login screen.