Too Many Coincidences - Arc ID 19040

Kartanian

A series of highly improbable events results in a kidnapping of a nanotech process engineer from Crowne Industries. His employer is determined to get him back and discover what's really going on. (SFMA, Curiosity Kilz, espionage, dragons, challenging)

Three missions, heavily story-focused. Can be soloed. No AVs but difficult EBs. No defeat all missions.

The contact is Arthur Crowne, sort of businessman type, who tells me that one of his employees was recently kidnapped by a squad of winged monkeys and spirited off to the Wicked Witch's castle, or something like that. Kyksie normally doesn't handle private cases, but money is running short after being let go from the Freedom Phalanx Power Hour, so she accepts.

At the warehouse, Kyksie encounters the Monkey Gang, a custom group with about a dozen members, with various powersets and bios. She then pummels Borrowed Tech, rescues the hostage, and also frees X-23, a young female dragon. She also finds a barrel of pink goo, which is exactly the same shade of pink as Kyksie's leggings. This is not a coincidence because nothing is ever a coincidence.

Borrowed Tech was just a pawn, the real player was a baddie named Draco Black. We head to his office, which is guarded by mercs from another custom group. Again, there are about a dozen types, with bios and varied powersets, although thugs is the most common. One is named "Street Meat", which tells me the author has never read the Urban Dictionary. We pummel the boss and read his files. Draco Black is also there; Kyksie made with the pummeling, but he fled at low health, running into an elevator and vanishing.

Draco Black is really a dragon, and so is Crowne, and Black is making lots of little dragons, so we need to stop him. Off to the cloning lab map, where Kyksie smashes the cloning tubes, which I can only guess are sold at the Paragon City Costco. There is yet another custom group here, dragons. Then Kyksie pummels Black, who is not too hard. All EBs here are still EBs even if 'solo archvillains' is turned on. We run into X-23 again, who helps us fight this time. Kyksie notices that, like her, X-23 is also not wearing panties. This is not a coincidence because nothing is ever a coincidence.

Too Many Coincidences is a top notch arc, with a well done story, copious text, and lot of attention to detail. Everyone go play it now.

Played this arc last night, and enjoyed it so much! It was an excellent combat challenge for my blaster, but not impossible. The foes were tough, but balanced. The story was very interesting, and I felt very much immersed in what was going on. Great use of patrols, dialogue, and NPCs.

I highly recommend this arc! 

• 1 month later

Thanks for the plays and reviews/comments!

The dragons threatened me, so I can't say anything about X-23's panties or where they were left.

Streat Meat. Yes. Definitely intentional. The dragons wanted... um...

*clears throat and glances off screen* Yeah... so... safe topics... um...

Should I put the EBs in as AVs for those that fight them? I mostly end up writing for solo and small teams, so it totally slipped my mind that I could make them AVs and player options would scale them down.