No sound after yesterday's patch

KeepDistance

I'm running the 64-bit client on the Mac, and it's been running fine up until yesterday's patch. Since then, I get no sound out of the game. I've restarted my computer and the client multiple times, and also tried switching to compatibility mode in the "audio" settings. Nothing has made any difference.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Any troubleshooting tips, or information I can provide that would help diagnose?

Thanks in advance!

I am now was suffering from this problem as well (Mac OS X 10.14.6) 64 bit client.

I was initially suffering from missing textures, but after zapping my .privatewine folder I can see textures but have no sound. 

FIXED! I remembered that when I had sound issues before I ran winetricks from the terminal against the prefix to set the sound driver to coreaudio 

env WINEPREFIX=~/.privatewine winetricks sound=coreaudio

You can confirm it worked by running

env WINEPREFIX=~/.privatewine winetricks list-installed

NOTE: There is a small problem with this, first time you then try and launch CoH after running these it appears to do nothing, but if you look carefully there is a wine-preloader command icon sitting in your dock, just quit that and the the game should start normally (and not occur on subsequent launches).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm guessing this is probably the issue, however when I try to run those commands I get this error:

[prompt]$ env WINEPREFIX=~/.privatewine bin/winetricks sound=coreaudio
warning: taskset/cpuset not available on your platform!
------------------------------------------------------
wineserver not found!
------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't City of Heroes now install Wine alongside the application rather than using a user-relative location?

Edited by KeepDistance

1 hour ago, KeepDistance said:

Doesn't City of Heroes now install Wine alongside the application rather than using a user-relative location?

Yes it does, but it stores the wine prefix (the bit that holds the base for the windows environment in the home directory

Also, ignore the warnings, there are loads of them, and for most things they don't matter.

For those who are not yet on Catalina and are Terminal-averse, note if you saw an alert about wine-preloader not being optimized for your Mac when you launched City of Heroes and noticed no sound.

I noticed that, then noted that there wasn't any sound in my CoH -- when I quit, though, I noted that Island Rum had switched to trying to launch the 32-bit client. Changing that back to the 64-bit client got my sound back.