Mastermind Numpad Pet Controls

pythe314

Hello, Homecoming! I'm thrilled to be back, and even more excited for some minor improvements to my old mastermind binds! What follows is a minor adaptation from a guide I authored (based on another's work, see below) waaaay back in 2006.

Overview

The guide to these controls was initially posted on the Official Forums by Sandolphan. Sandolphan's Mastermind Numeric Keypad Pet Controls.

These controls are very intuitive, easy to set up, and quite possibly the most powerful set of pet controls yet devised.

The 9 key, go-to, is extremely useful. By using this command often, you gain the ability to flank your foes, clear your henchmen from doorways (teams will love you!) and set up ambush attacks.

Control Scheme

The active controls can be categorized by which row the key appears on on the number pad.

1-Row and 0 : Select what pet to command

• 0: All Pets
  • 1: "Minion" Pets
  • 2: "Lieutenant" Pets
  • 3: "Boss" Pet

4-Row : Set stance

• 4: Aggressive
  • 5: Defensive
  • 6: Passive

7-Row : Issue command

• 7: Attack my target
  • 8: Follow Me
  • 9: Goto

Other Keys: Summons and Upgrades

• / : Summon "minion" pet
  • * : Summon "Lieutenant" pet
  • - : Summon "Boss" pet
  • + : Equip (First Upgrade)
  • Enter: Upgrade (Second Upgrade)

Setup

Download the attached zip; it contains files for all the power sets:

• Beast Mastery
  • Demon Summoning
  • Mercenaries
  • Necromancy
  • Ninjas
  • Robotics
  • Thugs

Extract the zip to your City of Heroes directory; there should be a big stack of files in the folder `mastermind_binds`.

Load the base power set file
This step only has to be done once per character. Grab a slash command from README.md!

Open Source

All this is also available at https://github.com/pythe/mastermind_binds. I'd love to see about improving these further!

mastermind_binds.zip

• Thanks 1

• pythe314 changed the title to Mastermind Numpad Pet Controls
  • 1 month later

I noticed something with the demon summoning binds that show that powexec_location does not work for the intended purpose. The demonlings summon has "300:5“ for its position, demons summon “60:5", and demon prince summon "0:5". Looking at these, it appears that the intent is to summon the demon prince in front of you, demons to its right, and demonlings to its left. However, it appears that the angle is relative to your current facing. Before I got the demon prince on the character, I didn't really notice the problem, but summoning them in tier order (1, 2, 3), you turn left 60°, summon demonlings, turn right 60°, summon demons, then keep your facing and summon the demon prince right on top of the demons.

The problem with baking the angle into the summons bind is that it makes a difference what order you use them. If you summon by tier order, “300:5", "60:5“, and "60:5" has you summoning them left to right, but if you summon tiers top down, those numbers will put the demonlings on top of the prince. So if you want to use the angle values to spread the summoning out, you will need to decide what order you want to do it, and set the values accordingly.

• 1 month later