Problem using Tip mission to clear Hunt mission

yoshidon

Both times so far it has been on Nemesis missions for Maxwell Christopher. The first was a hunt in the Meteorologist badge quest line. I figured I'd use a tip mission to get the necessary arrests to simplify things. Once I achieved the number by taking out Nemesis mobs in the Tip mission, it moved on to the next step but did not give me a location for the next mission (no zone or target location for the door). I used the autocomplete to get past that thinking it was a glitch. In the Nemesis Rex line (that starts with the "Stop the battle between Nemesis Army factions and make sure no innocents get hurt mission"), I got another hunt as the next mission so I figured I'd try again. Same result, once I reached the number of targets in the hunt, it gave me the clue and moved it to the next task but no location for the mission. Both times double checked after leaving mission and logging out and back in but no change in mission status (no target location).

I tried to search around to see if this is a known issue and didn't see anything.

• 4 weeks later

Sounds like a bug that I first encountered around 2011. After defeating the required number of enemies, it gives you a door mission in the zone where you are at the moment, which fails if you're already in another door mission.

I remember reporting this for two other such multi-part missions back in the day. The devs then changed those two missions so that the hunting had to be done in a specific zone, rather than fixing the actual issue.

Just ran into this bug.  Been working the Harvey Maylor storyline on my MM.  Got a defeat 20 carnies mish that automatically led to the Vanessa Devore mission. Beat them in a radio.  No location or zone given.  Abandoned the mission and got kicked back to the street hunt phase.  Did that in a tip, again the bug.  Autcompleted it to claim my merits.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291