Ice Melee Frozen Aura Not Stacking Assassin's Focus

MysticNarwhal

Hi everyone, 

I looked around for a bit and have not found any information on this topic, yet, it is one I am constantly noticing when I play my Stalker. My Stalker is a lvl 50 Ice/Bio. I have noticed that Frozen Aura has not once contributed to stacking Assassin's Focus. Is it not considered a "Primary Damaging Power?" I bring this up because I need to constantly prioritize other, less optimal powers when they're up to keep Assassin's Focus stacks for an Assassin's Strike. I opt to not cast Frozen Aura because I might lose Focus in the meantime. I have asked around and at least for Psionic Melee, Mass Levitate (which I assume works similarly), does stack Focus. Any thoughts?

I have also observed that Ice Melee does not crit outside of Hide unlike other Stalker Primaries. I have brought it up to the Devs and am wondering if anyone is noticing any discrepancies with Ice Melee. I only bring this up because I have been loving mine and it is a shame that it seems bugged. 

12 hours ago, MysticNarwhal said:

I have also observed that Ice Melee does not crit outside of Hide unlike other Stalker Primaries. I have brought it up to the Devs and am wondering if anyone is noticing any discrepancies with Ice Melee. I only bring this up because I have been loving mine and it is a shame that it seems bugged. 

I've often felt something was inconsistent with the out of hide crits, but haven't had time to really test it. I can say that I've noticed the Critical Hit text doesn't always show up on the screen, but when I checked the combat logs it is occuring from time to time. The rate seems lower than other sets, maybe, but Ice also has Frost which should have a lower crit rate as an Aoe. Need to run some tests on the non AS single target attacks. 

On 12/30/2019 at 1:52 PM, KelvinKole said:

I've often felt something was inconsistent with the out of hide crits, but haven't had time to really test it. I can say that I've noticed the Critical Hit text doesn't always show up on the screen, but when I checked the combat logs it is occuring from time to time. The rate seems lower than other sets, maybe, but Ice also has Frost which should have a lower crit rate as an Aoe. Need to run some tests on the non AS single target attacks. 

That's interesting, I wonder if it is a bug from the days where Frozen Aura did no damage. Thank you for the test and for the response! I have not once received a crit text on my ice stalker and have no issues receiving them on other stalker builds. I wonder what the discrepancy is, if not just a bug. Frost works as normal thankfully. I should keep a combat log up and look at the numbers then. Thank you!