Out of Memory Crash, Unable to Start CrashHandler.exe

VileTerror

So, I was stress-testing my own system while setting up the Test Server.  I was able to run four 32-bit and four 64-bit clients simultaneously (I did not log in to the game with all of them at the same time, mind you; just one of each), plus running the 32-bit Test Server Client.

Things were running with minimal chop in background instances, and foreground client was running smoothly.  When I attempted to zone from a Base to Kallisti Wharf, both my displays went completely black and after about 30 seconds restored themselves.  My two Live Shard instances were still running, as well as the six clients that weren't logged in, but the Pineapple client had crashed "to desktop."  A pop-up error message for "CrashHandler.exe" stated that it could not launch, and I thought I took a screenshot before hitting Ok, but it didn't take (probably due to memory overflow, or because I'm still not used to things that were changed for Windows 10).  The error code was something like "0x000072a" or something like that.  

My browser windows displayed "out of memory" error screens, so that's where I got that particular deduction from.

Pure speculation, but if you're hitting out of memory errors the crash handler might be failing because it just can't allocate any more heap memory unless it forcibly unloads memory (on out of memory exceptions at minimum) before trying to start. This would be more common in the 32-bit client because it has access to a smaller pool of memory, and even if there is enough total memory free if it gets fragmented enough you'll still have memory errors.

Edited by siolfir