Crab Leg Madness!!!

Snarky

Be the Backpack!  So i have not run a SoA since they first came out and everyone 50d one or two. Last few days the backpack fever hit

quick leveled one to 29 and then ran a Citadel. Thus will be a good alt for me for weekly TFs

the build i am going for is the one i enjoy the most. I know from reading all the posts that Crabbermind is the Win. Not my thing

i will be building with all backpack powers except the ST melee strike. I Brute a lot and i like trashing something with the wicked claw arms when it gets in close

i will be taking almost all soldier and crab powers. There us not much in the build left for anything else

i will not be taking patron pools to get pets or even the fighting pool

i would love some advice on building this odd duck. What are the sets that make the positional defenses work best while increasing resistance?

what is the res cap?  I will be taking the heal as well as the Omega and if course spiderlings. I an not pushing pets but that is just a one pick free damage rather than change whole build

thanks

7 hours ago, Snarky said:

the build i am going for is the one i enjoy the most. I know from reading all the posts that Crabbermind is the Win. Not my thing

As someone who dislikes pets, I feel ya. 

i will not be taking patron pools to get pets or even the fighting pool

I frequently skip them both. VEATs get access to the tanker/brute pools, for some reason, so they don't really add much value. 

i would love some advice on building this odd duck. What are the sets that make the positional defenses work best while increasing resistance?

The two ATO procs are both good. Put the Fear proc in an AoE and the other one anywhere as it's a global proc. The set bonuses aren't bad. 

Aegis has a lot of AoE defence. Reactive armour has is a generally decent, but not spectacular set. You've also got a lot of defence debuff, which can take Exploited Vulnerability. Gaussian's has a Build up proc (which you should take and put in TT:Tactics for random damage spikes) and the 6-slot bonus is 2.5% to all positionals. You've got the two +3% ones, obviously. The winter sets often have fairly decent defence bonuses on the 5th and 6th slots if you've got money to burn. 

what is the res cap?  I will be taking the heal as well as the Omega and if course spiderlings. I an not pushing pets but that is just a one pick free damage rather than change whole build

85% for all epic archetypes. Also, spiderlings will trigger the Gaussian's proc more often so you'll get Build Up pinging fairly frequently. 

• Thanks 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern King Solar Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Peacebringer Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas