Character Stats without being in-game?

So, back in the day when NC ran the game some players had the (IMO) brilliant idea of creating a tool that read character data while you were playing. It was called "City Info Tracker"(https://cit.cohtitan.com/). I won't go into technical details on how this worked, but it pulled game-data while playing, sent that data to a database and build a website around it so you could view your character stats even if you weren't playing.

I loved using that site to keep track of my character's achievements. And I still use it today to rebuild the characters I once had.

I'm wondering if something similar is being developed by the Homecoming-team. Or maybe it's a feature for sometime in the future once everything is stable. I imagine with the team having direct access to the game's databases it would be a lot easier to build a site around that data instead of using an external program that needs to be run while playing.

Now, if it's not being developed and people would like something like this I would like to offer my services.

I have experience in PHP coding and database management (MySQL and MSSQL).

playing on Reunion

To the best of my knowledge (I haven't dug very much into what development work is being done) it looks like 90% of the development effort is going towards fixing bugs with the aim of releasing Issue 2 volume 1, and no one's thinking about new features apart from possibly noting them down an a wishlist somewhere (I don't know that there is a centralised wish list as such).

That said, given we now have access to the source code, it should be feasible to implement a standalone daemon that interrogates the running shard as you suggest.

At best, the character data you would need might be sitting in the SQL database (some of it definitely is), but I don't know if everything that CIT had is stored in the tables or not (I only skimmed the DDL files).

To the best of my knowledge (I haven't dug very much into what development work is being done) it looks like 90% of the development effort is going towards fixing bugs with the aim of releasing Issue 2 volume 1, and no one's thinking about new features apart from possibly noting them down an a wishlist somewhere (I don't know that there is a centralised wish list as such).

That said, given we now have access to the source code, it should be feasible to implement a standalone daemon that interrogates the running shard as you suggest.

At best, the character data you would need might be sitting in the SQL database (some of it definitely is), but I don't know if everything that CIT had is stored in the tables or not (I only skimmed the DDL files).

I like you. You speak my language. Cautious optimism with at least a basic understanding of the coding world. Are you a programmer?

I'm out.