Island Rum won't launch CoH on WIndows 10

DuncanNevada

Actually, it won't launch any of the five options listed, not even safe mode.  I've had this same setup since Homecoming launched and never had a problem before.

I see I now have a Build 011820201 of Island Rum.  And my Windows 10 updated last night.

Island Rum launches and operates as expected.  When I click the go arrow, I get the checkmark and the usual pause before it closes.  Then nothing.  No LOADING bar, errors, program, nothing.

There have been no changes since I last played a few days ago.  I've restarted the computer twice.

Same for me. Yesterday all was fine and today none of the options work anymore. 

Island Rum is behaving as normal but in Windows Task Manager I don't even see any of the CoH executables pop up at all.

My last Windows 10 update was on 14-Jan though so I can't really blame it on that one as all worked normally after the updates.

I checked my antivirus as well and it is still happily ignoring CoH

Edited by Annapuna

I woke up this morning and am having the same issue with CoH not loading through island rum anymore.  Windows didn't do any update and Rum was working fine last night.  I saw it do a quick update when I first booted it this morning, now it doesn't work.  As stated above, Island Rum loads fine but can't seem to launch CoH.  Any thoughts?

Update:

It seems that Island Rum 'changed' the install path to something on the C drive. Not where I keep my games.

I noticed it when I did a rescan of the game and instead started a full download.

So it looks like Island rum is trying to start CoH in a folder where it doesn't exist. That explains why I don't see any sign of life of CoH after clicking the play button.

My next hurdle is trying to change the install path to my actual folder with all the data.

While I can browse to the location I can't click on any ok button to confirm the location.

What am I missing here?

• Like 1

Ok, I just had the exact same problem.  It redownloaded the game and worked fine again.  Though it was playing it from the new download because none of my costumes and such were in the tailor in game.  What I did was go back in and uncheck the "use default path" option then went in and selected the old directory where my game was.  Lastly clicking the small disc like icon in the bottom right corner of the path screen.  It seems to have fixed it right back up and everything is working great.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Got it working.

After changing the installation path to my actual game folder the game starts normally again.

Open Island Rum, click on the top left button that shows you a list of settings/options and select OPTIONS.

Here it will show what you Install Path is pointing to. This will be the wrong path....

Click on it and browse to the correct folder holding CoH and click on the save icon at the very bottom right.

That's all

• Like 1

I have been trying that but it still keeps trying to re download the game. I checked the properties and it shows the target path as  D : \ Homecoming\COH\islandrum-win\Island Rum\Island Rum.exe  when my Island Rum target path before the update was D : \Homecoming\COH\Island Rum\Island Rum.exe .   I now have two Island rum folders in my  COH folder, any advice as I don't want it to redownload everything again!

21 minutes ago, QueringPanthera said:

I have been trying that but it still keeps trying to re download the game. I checked the properties and it shows the target path as  D : \ Homecoming\COH\islandrum-win\Island Rum\Island Rum.exe  when my Island Rum target path before the update was D : \Homecoming\COH\Island Rum\Island Rum.exe .   I now have two Island rum folders in my  COH folder, any advice as I don't want it to redownload everything again!

I had the same issue initially.

Point the path to "D : \Homecoming\COH" (I assume that folder directly contains the actual game files) rather than point to the location of the Island Rum folder itself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Annapuna said:
43 minutes ago, QueringPanthera said:

I had the same issue initially.

Point the path to "D : \Homecoming\COH" (I assume that folder directly contains the actual game files) rather than point to the location of the Island Rum folder itself.

Thanks that worked!

• Like 1