Feedback needed: Staff/Regen

Exxar

I built this guy with the goal of softcapping S/L/M defenses without Guarded Spin and then putting as much into recharge as I could. Took Rune of Protection with the idea of having one of IH, MoG and RoP up at all times, but I've not managed to achieve that level of recharge. The attack chain I'll be using is MB - PS - MB - AS since that's the best I could find without going completely bonkers on recharge. I could get more recharge with Spiritual but would prefer to go with Musculature. Haven't decided on Destiny yet; I don't want to rely on Barrier to achieve my softcaps because with the build in its current form I should be able to exemp down to 30 with keeping everything except MoG and RoP.

Do you think I could squeeze out some more recharge? Have I missed anything obvious? Is there a better attack chain within reach? Any feedback is welcome.

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Sorcery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37)
Level 2: Precise Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Guarded Spin -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(17), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(21)
Level 6: Assassin's Staff -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), TchofDth-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Reconstruction -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal(43)
Level 10: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(27), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 12: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(43), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 16: Integration -- Heal-I(A)
Level 18: Eye of the Storm -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(25)
Level 20: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Fast Healing -- Heal-I(A)
Level 24: Resilience -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 28: Instant Healing -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 35: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 38: Moment of Glory -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(40)
Level 41: Serpent's Reach -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Mystic Flight -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Arcane Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(3), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 10.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 34.75% Defense(Smashing)
  • 34.75% Defense(Lethal)
  • 9.75% Defense(Fire)
  • 9.75% Defense(Cold)
  • 7.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 7.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 35.38% Defense(Melee)
  • 8.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 13.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 13.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 45% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 73.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 244 HP (20.26%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 17% (0.28 End/sec) Recovery
  • 46% (2.31 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 30% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 30% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 7.25% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 7.25% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 21.5% Resistance(Fire)
  • 21.5% Resistance(Cold)
  • 14% Resistance(Energy)
  • 14% Resistance(Negative)
  • 5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 15% SpeedRunning
Edited by Exxar

I vaguely remember Microcosm tested and found AS-SR-PS-MB-repeat was the best chain for a Staff Stalker, which you have enough recharge to run already. I could be wrong but you can send him a message (He's on Homecoming with the same name) or dig in the old forums to find it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20120904110516/http://boards.cityofheroes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

Also it looks like you can get IH, RoP and MoG in a seamless cycle just by using IO boosters in IH (199s down to 191s) and RoP (189s down to 180s). MoG's 15s duration will cover the 11s gap. Squeeze in the Reactive Defense unique if you can. I prefer that over Shield Wall. It will surpass SW in resistances if you drop down to below 80% hp. That's a cool build, I like it a lot!

Yeah AS-SR-PS-MB seems to be a tiiiiiny improvement to sustained DPS but it does wonders for burst if AS procs hide. I was missing just a bit of recharge in AS for it, but swapping a Stalker's Guile piece between AS and MB and replacing the ToD acc/dam/end with a CrImpact acc/dam/rech in AS solves that. I also needed to swap that Mako's acc/dam in MB with a CrImpact acc/dam/rech to get a smooth chain for the few seconds Hasten isn't up.

And thanks for reminding me that enhancement boosters exist! I'm gonna stuff them into IH and Hasten, but not into RoP since I want to have it attuned for exemping. Looking at the numbers, that final gap in IH/MoG/RoP can be closed by Ageless providing additional 10% recharge. That way I both get to maintain all my set bonuses when exemping down to 30 as well as closing all the gaps, and who knows maybe Ageless will even get Hasten to perma due to its stronger starting effect. So I guess that decides my Destiny slot.

Version after these changes (also pulled SR earlier and pushed Fast Healing later):

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Staff Fighting
Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Sorcery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Mercurial Blow -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(5), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Hide -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37)
Level 2: Precise Strike -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Guarded Spin -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(17), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(21)
Level 6: Assassin's Staff -- SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(A), SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11)
Level 8: Reconstruction -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(42), Pnc-Heal(43)
Level 10: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(27), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(27), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(29), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 12: Dull Pain -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(43), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg(46), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 16: Integration -- Heal-I(A)
Level 18: Eye of the Storm -- SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAssMar-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprAssMar-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprAssMar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(25)
Level 20: Super Speed -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Resilience -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 24: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(34), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(34), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 26: Serpent's Reach -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Rchg(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 28: Instant Healing -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-Max HP%(33)
Level 32: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(33)
Level 35: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(45)
Level 38: Moment of Glory -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(40)
Level 41: Fast Healing -- Heal-I(A)
Level 44: Mystic Flight -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Arcane Bolt -- Empty(A)
Level 49: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(50), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(3), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 1: Combo Level 1 
Level 1: Combo Level 2 
Level 1: Combo Level 3 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 10.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 10.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 34.75% Defense(Smashing)
  • 34.75% Defense(Lethal)
  • 9.75% Defense(Fire)
  • 9.75% Defense(Cold)
  • 7.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 7.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 35.38% Defense(Melee)
  • 8.5% Defense(Ranged)
  • 13.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 13.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • 45% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 73.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
  • 244 HP (20.26%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • MezResist(Confused) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Held) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 48.75%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 17% (0.28 End/sec) Recovery
  • 46% (2.31 HP/sec) Regeneration