Donations.

Leogunner

I don't really think much about how it feels.  Duty is just something you're obligated to do.  It's more a comment on the fact every time I get a chance to play or am notified, it's that the donation quota is already met without knowing it was opened.

It's nobody's duty.  We do, because we want to do. 

The "feels" come from knowing we are supporting something that is worthy of not only existence, but also to flourish, and improve.  Now that things are a little more personal with the small group of Devs that support this game, it feels more like helping them do what they do, rather than supporting a huge corporations pursuit of unrealistic profit expectations.

Edited by Abraxus
  • Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

2 hours ago, Abraxus said:

It's nobody's duty.  We do, because we want to do. 

The "feels" come from knowing we are supporting something that is worthy of not only existence, but also to flourish, and improve.  Now that things are a little more personal with the small group of Devs that support this game, it feels more like helping them do what they do, rather than supporting a huge corporations pursuit of unrealistic profit expectations.

I do feel it's my duty to pay my dues.  Unless explicitly offered as a gift, I usually pay what I owe and am willing to pay more if it's something I felt worth more than the price.

If "feels" come into play, it's more discomfort when the opportunity to at least *try* to pay my dues just disappears.  It's like having my parents swoop in and just pay for my bills as if I can't do it myself.  Granted, I don't even know what that feels like because I'd sooner go without electricity than have someone else pay my bills lol

But that's just me.  Not saying everyone should feel the same way.  I don't feel as bad freeloading off the game, is all.