Invul/KinMel

Snarky

I got a new 50!  This is actually rare for me these days. I alt a lot so after mid 30s I am already turning over new ideas

This concept was the dovetailing of a number of events and discoveries. Firstly the Tanker changes with larger AoE.  So shouldnt i make an AoE tank?  I have been running a weird little robot using Kin Melee on a Brute. The arm motions are odd but the toon is so ridiculous it fits. I thought maybe that would be good to experiment with. Okay so the arm motions which evidently come from Tai Chi and look pretty wizardy.  Tank Mage?  I read that somewhere.  Okay. CoT costume with Ascension glowy gloves and boots and flaming backpack. Skull for a head. Backstory some spirit summoned by CoT that was like gtfo and left.  Name?  Snark Snark Snark.  Hmmm. Snarkanus!   Looked at what i typed. No.  That is not going to work. Internet research 1 min. Snarkanum!  That was so close

and into the city. Hero side for DFB. Got a tell at 1st level you need PL?  Uh. Sure?!?  (This is rare for me. Not unheard of but i am not part of farmer community). So two hours later 33. While being PL’d i download Hyperstrike Invul blank template and fill in KM as secondary. Tank ATOs, one set Winter and 3 Purple sets seem to be where i want to go. 

this was all Friday night. Saturday Morning i get up  Start slotting and buying. Most is in base except i spend all my Synapse TF endless week money onPurple sets. 

i run Posi 1,2, Synapse, Yin, Citadel, Manticore and one other i think Croatoa TF.  Level 42. And liking it. It looks and feels like the Tank Mage i was going for. Uh. No room for KB to KD procs. Well. Its concept. Still sucks but oh well. I avoid cone on bridge with Dr Vahz and stuff like that

i seriously get another tell from same farmer. (I am being stalked? Must be winning personality). I am 50d. Saturday night ends

i get up Sunday respec into purples. (Was using kinetic Melee as placeholders appropriately enough) go through ouro incarnate mission. Run an ITF run some PI stuff Do a summer BB. (Perfect run and i do one only on e every 3 months)

Alpha slot tier 3. Tier 1 in next two slots

then i alted to a brand new Energy/Invul Brute for the rest if Sunday.  Because.  More characters!!!

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Looked at what i typed. No.

Best part of your entire write-up!

Pretty sure I ran a Posi 1 with your new broot (Snarkbot?) on Sunday with my baby Kin def Velocirapture.

Awesome to see you found a set that works for you mechanically and conceptually, and gratz on the 50! Also props for acknowledging your altitis - the first step is admitting you have a problem 🙂

• Haha 1

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

3 hours ago, Cutter said:

Best part of your entire write-up!

Pretty sure I ran a Posi 1 with your new broot (Snarkbot?) on Sunday with my baby Kin def Velocirapture.

Awesome to see you found a set that works for you mechanically and conceptually, and gratz on the 50! Also props for acknowledging your altitis - the first step is admitting you have a problem 🙂

Yeah. That was a rough Posi 1.  Group kept splitting. I liked the lead Tank (pmsavenger) but i didnt realize she was clearing everything until we were 90% done with TF and i had died 3 times lol.  I was like. “Why is no one at the next group, we always do this group next?!?”  Sigh. I really suck at this game lol

3 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Yeah. That was a rough Posi 1.  Group kept splitting. I liked the lead Tank (pmsavenger) but i didnt realize she was clearing everything until we were 90% done with TF and i had died 3 times lol.  I was like. “Why is no one at the next group, we always do this group next?!?”  Sigh. I really suck at this game lol

Yeah it was bumpy, and nah pretty sure you don't suck. This was obviously a communication thing, which seems to be more and more common. Feels like 90+% of TFs I've done have been an exercise in mind reading. And I'm TERRIBLE at mind reading.

To keep it on-forum, it seems to me that if the team lead isn't going to communicate goals, and things have gone sideways once or twice because of that, it should fall on the tank to do so simply because many of us are still conditioned to Follow The Tank.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...