Rad/Rad or Rad/Electric Brute: Advice?

Tachyon Flux

Greetings,

I've decided to roll up a new Brute and have decided upon Rad Melee for the primary. I haven't decided on the secondary yet, but it's down to either Rad Armor or Electric Armor. I'm not necessarily looking for help with a build at this point, but I was hoping for some assistance with the following questions:

1.) Between Rad Armor and Electric Armor, what are the pros and cons of each? Is one recommended more heavily over the other, particularly in conjunction with Rad Melee?

2.) What are the must-have powers from each set (Rad Melee, Rad Armor, and Electric Armor)? Skippable powers? Optional powers?

3.) Any power pool recommendations (I'm assuming the Fighting pool should be in there somewhere)? Ancillary or Patron pool recommendations? Specific Incarnate options?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I’m a big fan of both armor sets.

I’d say rad is more expensive and difficult to pimp, but much more effective defensive wise. You can cap almost every resist and get your S/L def to the softcap. All of this on top a a very good regen power and a shield power. Did I mentionned the +rech aura ? And the best secondary T9 available ?

elec armor is easier to tune (S/L/E resist cap+S/L def softcap) and has a damage aura. 

with rad armor, don’t skip any power. 

Edited by itaalh

4 hours ago, itaalh said:

I’m a big fan of both armor sets.

I’d say rad is more expensive and difficult to pimp, but much more effective defensive wise. You can cap almost every resist and get your S/L def to the softcap. All of this on top a a very good regen power and a shield power. Did I mentionned the +rech aura ? And the best secondary T9 available ?

elec armor is easier to tune (S/L/E resist cap+S/L def softcap) and has a damage aura. 

with rad armor, don’t skip any power. 

Rad Armor is unreal. I have a Dark/Rad Scrapper and he can cap his recharge with all the +recharge buffing going on. Has Shadow Meld and Unleash potential for some crazy high defense as well as capped res to S/L and almost capped res to others. So fun!