Lf Claws/Fiery Aura Build

Hawkbelly

I had one on live I was going to post, but my most recent saved build pre-dates i19 (inherent fitness) and is kind of garbage by 2012 standards, let alone 2019.

In your secondary, I'd honestly say to take everything.  But of course the rez is technically skippable, and so is Fiery Embrace (it does less for a non-Fire primary than you might think).  Temperature Protection is a fit-it-where-you-can power, since its primary job is to be a set mule.

In your primary, Swipe and Confront are skippable.  Depending on your recharge and slotting, you can possibly skip Spin.  Shockwave, a power some recommend skipping, is actually a major tool; it's better if you can slot it with Overwhelming Force but even just with some practice mob herding it's an important damage and mitigation power.  Always lead with it.  Your core ST attack chain uses Follow Up, Strike, Slash (w/ Achilles' Heel -Res proc), and Focus, so those powers should all be five- or six- slotted.  Obviously three of your pool picks are Speed, Leaping, and Fighting; technically you can skip Acrobatics from Leaping but you shouldn't have to, and you need the positional tool of Combat Jumping even if you didn't need the Defense (but you do need Defense).  The most practical choices for your fourth pick are a toss-up between Medicine (pushing for that sweet Field Medic) and Leadership (boring but makes the build much easier).

Because Healing Flames is so amazing, Fiery Aura is a bit of a weird kit.  Basically your goal for all of your mitigation is to not die or get mezzed before you could full-heal with Healing Flames which with permahasten and a 50% Healing Flames, means you need to survive ~25s of whatever is coming in.  Layering 20-30% defense on top of your 'meh' resists is important, of course.

Building for a healthy amount of maxhp is very much your friend, as is passive mitigation from Knockdown.  (I'd recommend slotting Blazing Aura with Avalanche if you can.)  But at its core, /FA is a set about taking risks... and the best risk-taker plans for a bad toss.  Rise of the Phoenix is one of my favorite powers in the game and a very, very strong hit if slotted.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Depending on your recharge and slotting, you can possibly skip Spin.

:O Don't skip spin, ever. It's amazing. And swipe is the top dps in the set. I wouldn't take leadership or medicine pool either, but personal preference. And I'd take soul mastery for Shadow Meld, which on a high recharge build is going to add a ton to your survival.

:O Don't skip spin, ever. It's amazing. And swipe is the top dps in the set.

Here are the i25 numbers I have from Pines.

Spin DPA         : 41.19
Swipe DPA        : 49.53
Follow-up DPA    : 52.13
Strike DPA       : 56.31
Eviscerate DPA   : 57.09 (Melee Cone)
Slash DPA        : 57.35
Shockwave DPA    : 60.82 (30ft Cone)
Focus DPA        : 72.47

With those numbers, which I believe use the correct "arcanatime" cast for Claws attacks, you're mistaken.  Spin's advantages over the other multi-hit attacks are the 360-degree PBAoE and quicker recharge.  Overall, though, being able to chain Shockwave and Eviscerate would be better.  That's not feasible, but the actual AoE DPS loss for skipping Spin is probably acceptable.  I have no idea what makes you think Swipe is good once you can construct a continuous chain without it.

I wouldn't take leadership or medicine pool either, but personal preference.

Everything is personal preference in the end, including surviving encounters or defeating enemies.  I tend to assume those preferences.  Leadership is much better than anything else for that aim, with Concealment in second place and Medicine somewhere behind that but interesting nonetheless.

And I'd take soul mastery for Shadow Meld, which on a high recharge build is going to add a ton to your survival.

Again from Pines, I have a 3.168 cast time from Shadow Meld with an uptime of 15s.  You are right that if the build isn't already close to the softcap, Shadow Meld will add significantly to survival, at the cost of replacing two or three of your attacks in-chain every time it cycles; about ~1/5th of your total damage with enough recharge.  If on the other hand you're already close to softcapping without it, Shadow Meld will add little to nothing to TTD.

Of course, it might be used as just an "as-needed" power, a panic button to make it to the next Healing Flames.  I tend to think Rise of the Phoenix works quite well as a "panic button," but if you want to sap your DPS I suppose that's a matter of preference.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

I would probably go for something like this, almost perma-hasten (0.8 secs downtime), 3.21 seconds rchg on Follow Up so you can stack it, 9 secs downtime on Shadow Meld and almost at scrapper's cap resistance on S/L damage. Main downside for me on this build is that only has 1737 HP fully accoladed and I like my builds to go over 1800 HP on scrappers. I have chosen Dark Blast instead of Focus so the build incorporates negative energy dmg as well as lethal and fire dmg. If you prefer Focus, just ditch either SJ or Consume and use the Dark Blast Slots on Focus with same set. Another big downside of this build is taht it will cost a damn fortune.

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Scrapper

Primary Power Set: Claws

Secondary Power Set: Fiery Aura

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Speed

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Concealment

Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Swipe -- FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg(A), FcsSmt-Dmg/EndRdx(5), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), FcsSmt-Dmg/Rchg(34), FcsSmt-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(34), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39)

Level 1: Fire Shield -- TtnCtn-EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(3), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(3), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(15)

Level 2: Strike -- CrsImp-Acc/Dmg(A), CrsImp-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), CrsImp-Dmg/Rchg(13), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), CrsImp-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), FcsSmt-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40)

Level 4: Slash -- FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), FcsSmt-Acc/Dmg(31), FcsSmt-Dmg/EndRdx(31), FcsSmt-Dmg/Rchg(31), FcsSmt-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(33), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(34)

Level 6: Healing Flames -- DctWnd-Rchg(A), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(7), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(7), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(48), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(48)

Level 8: Spin -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(9), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Obl-%Dam(42)

Level 10: Follow Up -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(11), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(13), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(37)

Level 12: Temperature Protection -- StdPrt-ResKB(A)

Level 14: Combat Jumping -- Krm-ResKB(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15), LucoftheG-Rchg+(50)

Level 16: Plasma Shield -- TtnCtn-EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(17), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(17), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)

Level 18: Blazing Aura -- Mlt-Acc/EndRdx(A), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), Mlt-Dmg/EndRdx(23), Dmg-I(23), ClvBlo-Dmg/EndRdx(48)

Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21), RechRdx-I(21)

Level 22: Boxing -- Empty(A)

Level 24: Tough -- TtnCtn-EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-ResDam(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46)

Level 26: Eviscerate -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Obl-%Dam(46)

Level 28: Burn -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(29), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(29), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45), Obl-%Dam(45)

Level 30: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)

Level 32: Consume -- ClvBlo-Acc/Rchg(A)

Level 35: Fiery Embrace -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)

Level 38: Dark Blast -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(40), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42)

Level 41: Shadow Meld -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43), RechRdx-I(46), DefBuff-I(50), DefBuff-I(50)

Level 44: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 47: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Critical Hit

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)

Level 2: Health -- Heal-I(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(9), EndMod-I(11)

Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Level 0: Portal Jockey

Level 0: The Atlas Medallion

Level 50: Spiritual Core Paragon

------------

Oh wow, Nightmarer I will put yours on a test run next, so far I've been surviving well from other suggestions for my build but I will most definitely try yours out. Excluding most of the power pool though as I already have chosen medicine and flight for two of them.

You're gonna have a bad time if you skip Fighting or Speed.  Skipping Leaping means you're going to need other sources of -KB.

botz in your travel power and a steadfast -kb to get the 2 piece whatever minor bonus with the +def if you have the free slot can work. i've gotten by with just the botz on a firey before but you will get slung around now and again (protip - don't fight dominatrix solo with only mag 4). My brute had an extra slot to get 4 from 6 slotting overwhelming force in shockwave to go with the botz in superspeed.

Oh wow, Nightmarer I will put yours on a test run next, so far I've been surviving well from other suggestions for my build but I will most definitely try yours out. Excluding most of the power pool though as I already have chosen medicine and flight for two of them.

Glad you like it :). Since you get granted a free respec every 10 lvls, you can change your choices easily, basically I am saying this because you don't really need medicine (healing flames is way better than aid self) and without Tough, lack of active mitigation from Fire (and not so much either from Claws) will be of great assistance. Flight as a travel power is a choice as good as others, you can slot Hover same way you would slot Combat Jumping, still, combat jumping offers more than Hover in terms of movement agility, endurance reduction and immobilization protection. Hover on the other hand, depsite the much higher end consumption and slow movement, works really well when caltrops or when speed boosted in uncomfortable maps plus also transforms knockback in just a backflip on same spot so it is a KB portection of sorts. Of course, your choices are up to you, what works for me does not necessarily work for players with different gameplay style.