Controller or Dominator?

ceto555

Hiya folks,

I'm looking to make a Grav/Rad Controller or Dominator, all I really want to do is solo level doing missions and maybe do group stuff at 50, but 99% of the time I will be solo. What would be easier for what I want, Controller or Dominator?

Thanks!

I find Dominators tend to be smoother overall for leveling due to their direct damage, but Gravity is already on the decent end for damage with Propel, so a Grav/Rad would be fairly smooth from the get go and might pull ahead if you wanted to solo AV and GM level content, at least I recall Grav/Rad being strong enough for that. Still, I think as a whole Dominators are a more enjoyable solo archetype as your ability to attack makes for a more active playstyle, and Domination as an ability is just so nice for dealing with bosses and elite bosses on a more consistent level, especially early on.

Can't really go wrong with either.

You'll have lower damage on the Controller, but the debuffs from radiation emission will make up for it. If you take Gravity Distortion, along with Lift/Propel, you'll do Impact damage (a mechanic they added near end of live).

Dominator does the same, but I feel like Gravity benefits off of Domination (Lift, Propel, Dimension Shift do not factor in with Domination as far as I know. I haven't checked Wormhole in a long time).

Its really one of those "flip a coin" decisions. Gravity is a pretty strong powerset, but controllers require patience (although gravity has some pretty strong non-control attacks). Also, most of the debuffs the secondary gives you I never really notice much effect solo. They're devastating in teams with multiple debuffers. (I'm not saying the debuffs don't do anything, just that, perceptually, its hard to see any difference). Dominators, on the other hand, have an attacking secondary, which lets you remain active while your controls are slowly killing the enemies.  :-\