Keybind Reset when zoning

TC

I've made a ton of characters but for some reason, on my most recent character, I cannot get my keybinds to save. It's that simple. It worked fine for my first few inputs, but my most recent changes will not save no matter what I do. Every time I zone it resets to my previous setting. This is my first new character since the latest patch so I think it might be related, but if it's not and there's a solution for this please let me know.

9 minutes ago, Hardship said:

Could it be an OS problem rather than a CoH problem? Did permissions get set to not allow write to wherever you are saving your keybind file to? Is anti-virus software preventing the file from saving?

I highly doubt it. Nothing has changed on my end to allow any of this to happen. Also, my first few attempts at setting keybinds were successful during the same play session; they worked just fine. I just randomly cannot change them now.

• 3 weeks later

Bumping as this happened again on a fresh character. I can reset my keybinds plenty of times after creation but after the character seems to be in their mid-20s I can no longer reset my keybinds. They go back to whatever I reset them to the 5th-8th time and I cannot get the new ones to stick.

• 3 years later

Necro!

I'm having this exact issue right now. I make a new character, and the keybinds are all default original. I click on the load command int he options window, and the new keybinds load. I click on APPLY NOW and then go about my business. As soon as I zone somewhere, I'm back to the game defaults!

I should note that there are several messages that say "You have reached the maximum number of keybinds!" I don't see how?

Is there a keybind limit? I just counted mine, and I have 187. Seems low to me...

• Like 1

Sorry about that necro spell. My situation seems to be occurring on the same character, and is not account wide. I wiped the system of all known bind for this character and then loaded the file again and it seemed to take hold and work right. 

I think another contributing factor was that I was changing the keybind.txt file while having this character logged in, so that I could make notes on what I still wanted changed, and then saved the kb.txt file while in game, which likel made the engine act wonky. 

• Like 1