SJ/WP Help

wheresmycow

I used to play an Energy/WP brute but I decided to mix it up with SJ this time.  I kind of have an idea of what I want regarding SJ and WP abilities, but when it comes to the power pools and epic power pools, I'm a little loss.  I'm going for Super Jump and Fighting, but I don't know what my third power pool should be and I have no idea regarding the epic power pool.

I do know that by going with SJ, I'm going to be short on AoE like I was with Energy, so that does look to be a hole I should fill, but I don't think there are a lot of great options?  Mu Mastery looked to have the only decent AoE in epic power pools.

I had a Stj/WP brute on live lots of fun and Im currently building out another I have a build but its still a WIP basically you want boxing,tough,weave, Combat jumping and hasten I picked Fly as my travel power but thats personaly preference I'm taking the ghost widow power pool that has gloom soul mastery think it was called but other than that the rest straight forward you take almost everything fro Street Justice and wp 2 slots in stamina and 3 in quickrecovery for endurance is the important ones.

As mentioned, WP benefits a lot from Fighting Pool and you mentioned you were going for Leaping so if you take Comabt Jumping and Super Jump, Spring Attack will help you in the AoE front as well as Cross Punch from Fighting Pool. Fire Ball from Blaze Mastery, Energy Torrent from Body Mastery, Tenebrous Tentacles and Night Fall from Darkness Mastery, Ball Lightning from Mu Mastery  and Caltrops/Exploding Shuriken from Weapon Mastery will help you also on the AoE front, your choice. Besides the mentioned power pools, I usually chooce Hover as a mule for a lotg 7.5% rchg plus it is helpful on certain situations, such as caltrops or when speed boosted on maps complicated to navigate and of course, Speed for Hasten. From there, you can select Leadership for added def, dmg, and/or accuracy, Concelament for more lotg and/or ghost certain missions or even you could try Presence Pool for added mitigation with Pacify and Invoke Panic. Even Medicine Pool if you want some self heal although I personally find medicine the less useful, but that's me though. For me, the best thing about WP is that benefits from a lot of pools / epics so I'd choose depending on what you want, def, rchg, dmg, aoe... 

Is the cone from Cross Punch any good?  I find SJ's cone, sweeping cross, to be kind of lackluster and it's iffy if I can get multiple people in it.

In terms of powers, I plan on taking everything SJ except for heavy blow and shin breaker (I'm still debating taunt), everything in willpower except for the last two, combat jumping, super jump, boxing, tough and weave.  So that's about 18 out of my 24 powers.  To get Ball Lightning from Mu Mastery, I'll need Electrifying Fences, so that'll eat up another 2 powers, leaving with 4 other options.

With the 4 power options I have left (3 if I do decide to take taunt), is there anything that stands above the rest?  I might go with Spring Attack even though the CD on it is super long.

To be honest, with all the respecs we're being granted for free, I think the best you can do is try powers and combinations and choose whatever works best for your gameplay which is probably one of the most awesome features in CoH, how same powerset combo can be adapted to many different gameplays and still be efficient. For soloing the SJ cone is very lackluster but last night, during a Manticore TF, I found out that with a good tank that herds mobs properly, it gets lots more effective and lots more fun to play. Mind you, all Brute attacks seem lackluster at the beginning until Fury bar starts moving up (sorry, not sure if you are new to the game, if not, this is just advice in good faith, not trying to lecture or be patronizing).