Dark/Psi tactics and build advice

Snarky

Someone asked me to make an alt last night. Okay. Spin zone   Hours later i am still considering options

as i was looking through options i rediscovered this possible pairing. I have never run it. I always shied away from jousting and blapping

still...  this looks good. I love cone AoE. Dark gets cone madness. Then Psi gets a cone?!?  And the damage types.   Dark is the least resisted by PvE. Psi is right on its heels.  

this would not be a hover blaster i am guessing. Hovering is too slow for jousting. Combat jumping and stealth i am guessing?  

Do you still build for ranged defense and aim to mostly be at 8 feet plus except when dropping in for drive by PBAoE?  

I rolled the toon but it was late and parked them at 1st

any thoughts?  Thanks!

Jousting? Blapping? Dark/Psy is a good combination, but it's not a Blapper combination.

1: You don't really have good melee attacks.

2: Most of the AoEs are cones, so you have to back out of melee to use them... why spend the time going in at all? Start the fight in melee range for Drain Psyche, then run back and shoot. The only reason to go in and out is if you prefer to start with the Knockback (changed to Knockdown), and THEN go in for Drain Psyche.

I'm running one, and I have no intention of getting anything in melee except for Drain Psyche, and then Blackstar/Shockwave later... but those are all going to be used once in the middle of hte spawn, then fly up to start coning. So I'm definitely looking to make a Ranged Defense-oriented build.

• Like 1