Phase Shift intangibility suppresses when mezzed

macskull

If you activate Phase Shift after a mez appears in your buff bar but before that power actually takes effect on your character, the intangibility portion of Phase Shift suppresses until the mez effect expires. This is probably working as intended in PvE because all toggles that don't drop get suppressed when mezzed, but in PvP toggles aren't supposed to suppress.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

45 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I've been retired for a long time behind the times PvP wise. So you're not supposed to stun/Mez someone out of phase shift anymore before the phase actually kicks in?

That's not how it's supposed to work, no. In PvE if you get mezzed offensive toggles drop and non-offensive toggles suppress until the mez wears off. In PvP offensive toggles behave the same way but non-offensive toggles are unaffected and continue to work normally even while mezzed. Looking at City of Data, Phase Shift doesn't have separate PvE and PvP attributes so the "Cancel on Held, Stunned, Sleep" flag is still applying to the intangibility portion even though it should have a separate PvP attribute that doesn't have that flag.

The issue stems from times when, say, you see a power in your buff bar and hit phase, but before/during the activation period another power does a hit check against you. If any power does a hit check on you before phase actually activates you'll still take damage from those powers (which is expected) but if any of those powers mez you then Phase Shift basically acts like it's not even on during the duration of that mez which means there's a few seconds of time where people can continue to throw attacks at you and more likely than not you end up dying.

EDIT: Here's a link to the CoD page so you can see what I'm talking about.

Edited by macskull
  • Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube