Can't Connect to DBserver

Edred

i have a problem logging in.  where I live, we have two telcos. first one is 3g, second one is 4g. my access to the internet is only via data with these two telcos. no other option other than hotspotting. with the first telco, i cannot get past the select server screen. i always get the "cannot connect to the DBserver" message. With the second telco, I can play the game. my problem is, the second telco is very expensive. with the first telco, i'm on unlimited data. anyone knows what would be the problem with my 1st telco? I do not use any router, vpn, firewall. the first telco is a working internet connection; it's just that I cannot login. NCsoft used to have that game advisor program that collects info about your system and network and sends them back to NCsoft support. I wonder if that is a possibility with homecoming. What could be my problem with my first telco?

• 5 weeks later

Working through this: CoH has to connect to 2 or 3 servers to run.  The first server is Authorization (Log In) and it looks to be at IP 51.79.19.169 then when I get into Everlasting I get handed to IP 54.39.159.71 with a very brief foray to 40.67.254.36.  The two 54 and 51 addresses are both OVH Hosting, who is hosting the servers.  The 40 is a domain registrar service so I'll take a stab and say there is a DNS record there.

If you are having an issue where you can log in to the game but then not play it on on ISP but everything works on another then the non-working ISP is dropping the traffic for some reason in the hand off between the Authorization server and the next step.  I would dare say it is probably at that 40.67.xxx.xxx address since that appears to be in a geographically different location than the French OVH server.  But that's just a quick look, no serious investigation into that.

To test this ping all 3 IP addresses and see which one fails.  Then you will need to contact your ISP, probably demand tier 2 or elevated support, then get them to figure out why they are blocking the IP and convince them to open it up. 

The other option is to locate a free or inexpensive VPN that when combined with your 3G service is less expensive than the 4G service.

any advice on a free vpn ? or a cheap vpn, because my service provider insists it is not them, and that is the 40.67.254.36 ip that is blocking my IP , which seems a little odd to me honestly if it is in fact just a gateway id server