Character Selection screen sorts, etc.

Summary: Add sorting options and, optionally, filtering and tagging options for characters in the character select screen.

Impact: This would largely impact the player base that generates a lot of alts on a given server. (I don't have a sense as to how many players this would most benefit, but the game has always encouraged alt creation, and even more so now with XP doubling and DFBs letting people easily try out toons.)

Details: Currently characters are added to the character pages as they are created. They can be dragged into a different order as desired. This works well for people with a smaller set of characters created, but becomes awkward when more than one or two screens of characters are in play.

The proposal is to allow for the character list to be sorted by the following values (the ones I could think of):

• Name
  • Archetype
  • Level
  • Created date
  • Most recently opened date
  • Alignment
  • Supergroup

Optional / stretch goals:

• Sort on multiple fields (e.g., Alignment, then Level, then Name)
  • Filters vs sorts (similar to the Name search currently in place): "Just show me blasters"; "Show me characters at level 20-30"
  • Saved sorts
  • Additional tags -- a flexible tagging system would be great, but it could be set non-specific values, applied by the user for their own purpose. E.g., a user might apply tag "A" (or toggle "A" true) for characters going after a given accolade, or for characters regularly duoing with another player, or for characters with a certain badge that has an in-game impact (Midnighter Club membership to allow access to Cimerora for ITFs).

Note that not all these options need be done at once. I'd love to be able to automatically sort my alts by level, but I can think of circumstances when I've wanted pretty much all of these.