Tall boots tall ask

Hello all.

It has been a very long time since I played. I played when Issue 4 began and was gone by maybe Issue 8 perhaps. About two years, briefly returning long after some new power sets were reintroduced maybe 8 years ago.

One thing that has carried forward from those days, is the way boots are presented. We can choose to wear certain clothes over the boots to create a look that covers the fact that most are knee length. But, some costume items just mean that whether or not, I want say, long boots with tights or not, that is what I get. I may be incorrect, but I am unable to select a shorter style boot or shoe that is ankle length, lower or shin height.

This would be a very tall ask perhaps to have this addressed and looked at? Also be nice to see other costume items get different lengths. How awesome would a short version of Baggy Jean shorts look like with sneakers, shorter sports boots, or ankle boots?

• Like 1

The problem is what to put in the area the boots would otherwise have covered. There's no leg model under there that's being covered up by the boots like there is in some other games. So any short boot costume pieces would need to include part of the leg as well as part of their model, which limits the usefulness of such pieces dramatically.

We'd end up with a similar thing to the various short glove options where you're stuck with bare skin, making them less usable if your character happens to have scales or fur or whatever else on the rest of their body.

That's not necessarily an argument against doing it at all, but it does vastly increase the amount of work required if you want such pieces to match up with whatever piece you're using instead of having only skin and maybe tights as options.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

16 hours ago, General Idiot said:

The problem is what to put in the area the boots would otherwise have covered. There's no leg model under there that's being covered up by the boots like there is in some other games. So any short boot costume pieces would need to include part of the leg as well as part of their model, which limits the usefulness of such pieces dramatically.

We'd end up with a similar thing to the various short glove options where you're stuck with bare skin, making them less usable if your character happens to have scales or fur or whatever else on the rest of their body.

That's not necessarily an argument against doing it at all, but it does vastly increase the amount of work required if you want such pieces to match up with whatever piece you're using instead of having only skin and maybe tights as options.

I completely understand what you mean.  That was why I figured it was a big ask. Still after so many years, maybe now is the time to address this?