Just to say ...

Yes, it's been a long hiatus for all of us. I didn't realize how much it had affected my wife and I. When it got shut down, naturally we tried to find another game, because this was something we spent a lot

of time doing together. Hell, my wife was a more serious player than I was. She had over 800 badges at one point, and the crafting table, etc, etc.

One of the neat things about CoH is that real women actually like to play it.

I remember thinking SWTOR might be substitute, but the combat was flat and stale. I played it (and still do) but she was never able to get into it.

So, for us, this was a total revelation. I haven't stopped watching news, tracking the spiritual successor projects and just hoping...and it became such a transparent activity that I didn't even notice any more.

I became like that character in a movie who has been searching for his dog who was lost on a vacation 7 years back and now has moved to the town where the dog was last seen.

• 2 weeks later

Welcome home, Trooper-CDK001.

I'm not home yet. :( I for the life of me can't figure out how to install a client so i would be able to play with everyone. Thinking i will have to just wait for a few years till there is a "click and play"  :'( :'( :'(

Welcome home, Trooper-CDK001.

I'm not home yet. :( I for the life of me can't figure out how to install a client so i would be able to play with everyone. Thinking i will have to just wait for a few years till there is a "click and play"  :'( :'( :'(

Trooper - follow the steps detailed in this video from the always wonderful Positive Gamer on YouTube:

There is an auto-update client and it will install the media for you. Just follow the steps. If you don't want to watch the whole video, the steps are given in the description under the video. Good luck! There are villains to be arrested!!!