Kinetic / Energy questions

RED1015

Want to get some feedback on this combo since I had a concept for it. Would the combo work better on Scrapper or Stalker?

Major differences I can see:

Scrapper

• Entropic aura scales based on enemies up to +40% recharge
  • Power Siphon
  • Repulsing torrent - maybe slot this with a KB to KD for crowd control?
  • Marginal amount of Psi defense from Energy Cloak

Stalker

• Entropic Aura is a flat +20% recharge
  • Disrupt combos with Kinetic's chance for stun
  • Burst has a 100% crit chance out of Hide
  • Build up
  • Marginally higher base def from Hide

From what I've found apparently the Scrapper ATO 50% crit chance doesn't actually make Concentrated Strike reset Power Siphon? But attacking from Hide as a Stalker does?

I also can't seem to find how long Power Siphon stacks actually last, can you reliably hit the 5 stack cap?

2 hours ago, RED1015 said:

I also can't seem to find how long Power Siphon stacks actually last, can you reliably hit the 5 stack cap?

Real easy in my experience, though mine is only a few days old now. The first 3 attacks are really quick, so you can spam them to keep power siphon stacked.

Also, I can confirm the scrapper ATO doesn't allow CS to reset power siphon, but with that combined with its longer recharge/animation time, it procs it very reliably. 

CS to burst often makes burst Crit everything for some very decent AoE damage.

• Thanks 1

KM puts out hugely better numbers on stalker than scrapper. KM's cute mechanics (power siphon and CS build up resets) are both pretty actively bad in practice, unfortunately. Replacing power siphon with build up is a net gain and the KM assassin's strike is the fastest in the game. By dropping CS entirely and using an AS > t3 > t2 > t1 chain with the stalker variant you will crush anything a scrapper could do with the set.

Edited by flip
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1