Problem please help

liad

i download the game  but when i login  and i start playing after 3-5 min i get  disconnect and its says Lost connection to Mapserver every time that i login to game... someone can help me fix this problem plseas?

Edited by liad

• Game Master

You can check the Server Status page to see if the servers are down or not.  Our weekly maintenance happens on Tuesdays, when it does, you'll see a red banner in the forums (the times are in UTC, not your local timezone.)

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/status/

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

my problem its that all the time i get disconnect when i login  and the massage Lost connection Mapserver all the time  all i trying all week  i cant play even 10 min in game i dont whats wrong..

the status server allways green when im login and not shutdown.

Check your anti-virus and make sure the folder with CoH is whitelisted.  Check your installation path and make sure its correct according to the install instructions (for win10 they recommend C:\games\coh or similar...where it isn't in a folder windows messes with and is 2 deep).  Also try reverifying your files through your launcher (tequila is windows launcher).

If you are using a mac instead of windows maybe someone else can chime in with suggestions and options.

Good luck!

I think we're going to need more precise details on the problems you're facing, liad; step-by-step.

Does Tequila launch and update without issue?

Are you launching the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the client?

Do you make it to the Login Screen?

Have you ever successfully logged in?

If the game successfully launches and logs in, but crashes after 10 minutes of playing, then you may be overtaxing your system or the game may be too much for it to handle.  I recommend trying to tune down all graphic settings to minimum, and then tuning up until you reach your optimal preference.

If you make it to the login screen, but the game just hangs for 10 minutes when attempting to log in . . . then that sounds like some kind of massive latency issue, or porting forwarding issues with your network security.  I'm not well-versed enough in City of Heroes' network settings to be helpful there, beyond suggesting that be something you look in to.