Is Mercurial Blow a bad host for Achilles' Heel?

MrSnottyPants

I believe conventional wisdom is to put  Achilles' Heel into something with a longer recharge, so it fires off more consistent.  How important is that?

I took Mercurial early when I needed another single target attack, and I slotted  Achilles' Heel when the recipe happened to drop.  Now (37) I have one too many attacks, and normally I'd drop the littlest.  But I'm wondering if I should drop Precise instead, and keep mercurial/achilles in rotation?

Ancillary is Body cause I find endurance runs out first in a protracted encounter.  Don't think Laser Beam is much better of a host, and don't want anyhow.

Lowest DPA in the set and quick recharge (lower Achilles proc rate and chance of building Assassin's Focus) makes Mercurial a skip later on.

Serpent's Reach-Precise Strike-Assassin's-Sky Splitter is the attack chain you want to reach for.

It's the sweet spot for maximizing chances of reaching 3 stacks of both Assassin's Focus and Form of the Body for spending.

After some pylon testing on my Staff/SR, I've found an attack chain with Guarded Spin + Fury of the Gladiator -Res proc outputs higher DPS than the chain I mentioned above. So does having Mercurial Blow -res for that matter.

All pylon times are with T4 Musc/T3 Degen/T4 Hybrid Core passive. Leadership Assault on. My only epic power pool is Physical Perfection from Weapon Mastery.

Serpent's Reach-Precise Strike-Assassin's-Sky Splitter

2:53

3:13 - sloppy start

-Didn't record further than this because I wasn't impressed with the DPS in a few half runs

Guarded Spin-Precise Strike-Assassin's Staff-Sky Splitter / Guarded Spin with -Res + 4 damage procs (98% dmg enh value)

2:55
2:42
2:47
2:20

2:31
2:32

Mercurial Blow-Serpent's Reach-Assassin's Staff-Sky Splitter / Mercurial with -Res + 4 damage procs (110% dmg enh value)

2:48
2:32
2:52
2:34

Guarded vs Mercurial seem close enough when comparing DPS, however the GS attack chain offers two added benefits:

1. Perma +DEF buffs from GS since it's now part of the main attack chain.

2. More Build Up reset procs on average in non-pylon content since the idea is you'll be hitting more enemies with a GS built in to your chain.

Edited by Signalrunner