League bugs

Mikewho

I’m guessing this has been reported before, but just to get fresh eyes on it because it affects so many of us:

1. Leagues reshuffle teams when you get into an incarnate trial. This happens more when the league is locked, but can happen regardless of league and/or team locking settings.

2. League members will often get kicked when trying to load into an incarnate trial. Again this happens more with league locked, but can happen regardless of settings.

There are several other related bugs but I’m hoping they will be linked to these two primary issues.

I think it's all related to the league bug I reported back in August:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7384-league-bug/?do=findComment&comment=67217

If you just invite someone to a league (not team, but league), the system can get confused (and often does), thinking that the person is not on a team.  If you just randomly invite people to the league (not your team), and then lock the league before queuing, odds are that the system will get confused because it sees someone not on a team trying to enter a locked trial, and kick that person from the league and trial.

I've lead over a hundred instanced MSRs on Homecoming.  I have never locked the league, and I invite people to my team first, and then shuffle them off to another team just like GM Solace suggested on the thread linked above.  Out of those 100+ instanced MSRs, the league has only been scrambled twice.  The league scrambling, and people being kicked from the league, is vastly more likely to occur if you lock the league before queuing for a trial and if you just invite people to the league without inviting them to a team first.

It definitely is an issue that's been around since Homecoming started that needs to be fixed, but the best way around it at the moment is for trial leaders to invite people to their team and then shuffle them off to another team as needed, and not lock the league.

Edited by Apparition