Three "crashes" yesterday

RikOz

I experienced three game "crashes" yesterday. Each time, I was inside a mission map.

The first time, I wasn't aware of an actual crash; as I proceeded through the mission, a single sound effect started looping endlessly, preventing any other sound from playing, but I was able to continue through the mission normally. Upon finishing and exiting the mission, I intended to log out to the Character Select screen and then log the character back in. However, the looping sound continued on that screen, so I exited the game entirely. That's when I discovered the standard Windows alert box, "City of Heros.exe is not responding", with the options to force-quit the process or wait for it to respond. I force-quit, then relaunched, and everything was normal for the rest of that session.

The next two times, there was no looping sound, but I was alerted by my standard Windows alert sound in the background. When I tabbed out to the desktop, I found this crash report box:

570075760_DesktopScreenshot2020_04.23-01_01_29_76.png.18ce113a46db0efdabb20678cd71da3a.png

Both times I got this alert, I clicked "No" and continued playing, with no further issues.

Unfortunately, nothing provided me with any helpful data, so I don't have any ideas as to the cause of this. I'm running a VPN, but that's always been true. The only apps running in the background were Firefox and the Folding @ Home client, but I've always had Firefox open while playing, and have been running F@H in the background for a few weeks with no issues. I can only suspect it's something in the most recent patch.

As I said, I was inside a mission map each time this happened, which seems to be the only constant as to what I was doing in-game when it happened.