I broke my base's floor

wmh2

So, I was working on my base and I accidently raised the floor to the ceiling... I haven't been able to figure out how to lower it again.  After trying to do several things, I did find out that there is a <ctrl><z> for undo, but it was after I did to many other edits trying to fix my problem.  In the past, I normally just delete the room and start over when I encounter this issue.  However, I am hoping that someone will have a better solution.  😞

CantLowerFloor.png

I had this problem, too, @wmh2.  Here's how to fix it.

With the column selected as pictured, click on Object in the lower left corner of your screen:

image.png.1d66d0c74171e88d043fed95917faf0a.png

This will open the "Room Section" panel on the right side of your screen:

image.png.180e5e86a5bf7a0753bb24617f0b5925.png

Click on the gray sections so that they say "Remove".  You'll see the column sections disappear to match.

image.png.bce47e37b26d373476ad06078ca87fd0.png

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

This is constantly happening to me unintended.  If I deleted entire rooms to get rid of the problem I would have given up in frustration long ago.  Rathulf's tutorial is spot on.  You already have the correct square targeted in your picture above.  It sometimes helps to move the camera angle to straight down to target and fix these. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

8 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

I had this problem, too, @wmh2.  Here's how to fix it...

Thank you, thank you, thank you... you don't know how much time you have saved me and friends of mine who are also SG Leaders.  

I was never able to find this anywhere in documentation... because when you search for "broken floor" or "fix floor", nothing comes up.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wmh2 said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you... you don't know how much time you have saved me and friends of mine who are also SG Leaders.  

I was never able to find this anywhere in documentation... because when you search for "broken floor" or "fix floor", nothing comes up.  

You're welcome.  Your search was probably fruitless because it's not really the "floor", per se: it's a "Room Section" object, a 4x4 square area that extends from floor to the ceiling.  I agree with you that the documentation on base editing is pretty thin/incomplete.  Heck, the base editor GUI is pretty clunky, but I suppose that fixing it would be pretty complicated.  So we'll just have to look out for each other here in the forums.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer