The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Password not recognized

Daffin

Hi! Brand new here, and don't know the system. I used the "Support" header dropdown to report a problem, and then saw this Forum, so I thought I'd just add a note here in case the "Support" area gets checked less frequently... 

9 minutes ago, Daffin said:

Hi! Brand new here, and don't know the system. I used the "Support" header dropdown to report a problem, and then saw this Forum, so I thought I'd just add a note here in case the "Support" area gets checked less frequently... 

Your forum user name and password is not the same as your game account user name and password.  Did you follow the instructions to create/change your game account password?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

The dropdown 'Support' link takes you to your private support requests that only the GMs will be able to see.  Us ordinary users can't see them, so you'll have to repeat the details here.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

• Retired Game Master

The Support area is only visible between you and Game Master staff.  No other users can read that area.  Our GM team is on a volunteer basis, so posting about your issue in both places won't get a faster reply necessarily.

But if it's a common issue, we can help with it here.  What does the client respond with?

image.png.dad54afbcab3384be266a9485b39e3cd.png

• "The account name or password you entered is incorrect."  You can use the Game Account Center (pictured above) to reset your password for the game client at any time, no old password necessary.  Please note this can be DIFFERENT from your forum login and may not necessarily be the same username and password.
  • "The game client was unable to connect to the login server."  There's a network issue that isn't allowing the client to connect to the game server.  Possible issues include your ISP, home network configuration, or a temporary outage (such as regular maintenance, you can check here).  Your username and password MAY BE correct, but without a server to validate it, you can't login.
  • "Unable to connect to DBServer."  This happens frequently on systems with Wi-Fi or with intermittent connections, such as Hotspots or Public Access.  It means after logging in successfully, the connection dropped before the game started.  Check your settings, or try again using a wired network if you can do so.  Your username and password is definitely correct in this case.
  • "Wrong Game Version."  You ran the client before it had a chance to update.  Your username and password is definitely correct, but you need to exit the client and allow Tequila to finish patching the game first.  (Run Tequila again and wait for the bottom bar to turn green and report "Done" before trying again.)
  • Like 1