At the door, can't come in

Starfighter

I have posted here a few times about ongoing difficulties attempting to log in, and - after having taken this thing to the Friendly Local Computer Store for examination - finally got to the point where the "Logging In" bar appears, the screen goes white with black sidebars, and then a login screen shows up.  I have input my user-name and password, and get sent to a page where I'm supposed to select a server; the only one that appears, and is selectable, is "Unnamed", with "Homecoming" not even becoming visible.  Double-clicking on "Unnamed" results in a long wait and then "Cannot connect to DBserver" showing up.  The gentleman I was speaking to speculated that it was the store's firewall that was preventing contact, or that Windows 10 might not be able to handle this older game.  I have attempted to connect at home, where there is no such firewall, and get the same message.  What in the living heck is going on here?  I should, at least according to all specs that I've looked at, be able to run this damned thing with little to no difficulty.

My apologies for pulling on the Mods and the community's sleeves like this, but I really would like to understand what is the difficulty in moving this forward.  All thanks for any replies.

Edited by Starfighter

Caulderone, thank you very much for having posted the information.  Unfortunately, attempting to use the URL at the top of your post simply links to "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."  Following that is a huge page of code that has no download options.

I am running Windows 10 - after having used Windows XP for almost a decade - and have no idea how to locate Tequila (already downloaded) to run it independently, as there is no "Search" box or "My Computer" folder under which this sort of thing, I would expect, would be listed.  Needless to state - and I know that it really does no good to inform the community at large about this, as there is not terribly much help that can be offered over and above what the hardware/software store has already done - but I am getting hugely frustrated and seriously p***ed off about how such a simple operation, which took the loading of two disks and an online registration to accomplish back in '04, is resulting in endless sisyphean "Sorry; can't do it," outcomes.  If there is ANYONE who has experienced something like this situation, PLEASE advise as to what possible steps might be taken.  I would really, really like to put this game on again, if only for weekend situations, and the apparently infinite list of locks on this, while others have seemed to have little to no problem, is something I would like to rectify as soon as humanly possible.

1 hour ago, Starfighter said:

Caulderone, thank you very much for having posted the information.  Unfortunately, attempting to use the URL at the top of your post simply links to "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."  Following that is a huge page of code that has no download options.

Are you trying to use the link in a web browser?  You need to follow the instructions in the thread linked to add the test shard manifest to Tequila.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!