Haven't played in YEARS..so ...HELP..pls lol (Corrupter)

ninpon78

First off..Hello,

I haven't played since initial launch of CoV, but I am stocked this is back. I liked SCR and CON back in the day , but remember so little I wanted to try a Corrupter this time around and go ICE/RAD. I am curious if anyone has any helpful knowledge on using these two together or is this set a waste? Figured I should get some help before I get heavily invested and find out its no good lol.

Any build knowledge and helpful tips are much appreciated.

Thank you

Fun story: I wanted to roll a Corruptor back in the day but didn't know what powersets to pick so I asked, "what's a good combo that'll be useful for endgame content like the Recluse Task Force?"  The response was, "Ice Blast/Rad Emission."

They weren't wrong.

Ice Blast is largely single-target damage with generally fast animations and (as far as I know) cold isn't one of the more commonly-resisted elements.  The -recharge effects stack up to a mild yet noticeable degree against Arch-Villains and Heroes, and Freeze Ray and Bitter Freeze Ray let you help out the Controllers and Dominators in stacking holds.  Ice Storm is nice to have against groups and just a "set it and forget it" against harder targets, and I'd generally avoid Frost Breath.  My original build didn't have room for Blizzard but now that ranged nukes don't tank your endurance and are easier to use... sure, why not?

Radiation Emission is... Radiation Emission.  It's always been good: You have a heal, you have a rez, you have a PBAoE buff that gives everyone delicious delicious +recovery and +recharge, you have the ability to debuff basically every stat enemies have, and if that's not enough you can turn fallen teammates into nuclear bombs for heavy damage and debuffs.  The main drawback with it is that two of its powers are enemy-targeting toggles, which used to drop when the enemies did but that's been fixed; now they stick around until the body despawns, so it's actually a stealth buff.  I'd tell you to avoid Choking Cloud (PBAoE toggle, chance for a mag 2 hold) and EM Pulse (wide PBAoE nuke-style regen and recovery debuff), neither of which I've had much love for.

As far as power pools go I'd say pick up Vengeance from Tactics so you can buff your team, debuff the enemies, and then pick up your meat shield comrade all in one go.  Epic pools?  I'd say go for things which let you stack holds (Dominate from Psychic Mastery; the various Patron Power Pools), or things that buff all your debuffs (Power Build Up in Power Mastery).  Worth noting is that Soul Mastery gets you both a hold and a click that gives a boost to all your effects.  So there's that.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.