Optimal Fiery Melee Attack Chain?

leeowensoas

Hey all! I'm rerolling my Fiery Melee/Shield Defense/Blaze Mastery scrapper from live. To what I can see his effectiveness hasn't changed much since 2011. Main difference I see is the new proc rules (almost always a buff) and the critical strikes ATO proc. So is Cremate->Incinerate->Greater Fire Sword still the optimal chain? Would subbing in a faster Fire Sword or Scorch allow you to get 3 crits in instead of two from the ATO proc? Is Ring of Fire better with the purple proc and the quick animation? (My gut say this becomes the optimal chain, but I'm having a devil of a time making it endurance neutral). Also did fire blast get the animation slowed? Or is mids just wrong. I remember it being 1.452 arcanatime on live, so the 1.848 on mids surprised me. Any other attacks to consider? Cross punch with a -res proc and purple proc?

Can't help you on the actual numbers for this but anecdotally I've just respecced out of greater fire sword on my fire/shield. It may be the better attack to use but it feels slow to me and it affects the flow of the attack chain. Also not fond of the animation which is ponderous and any attack that telegraphed would never hit anything but fresh air in real life. I'm much happier using the regular fire sword instead.

Ok this from an old post from the original forums yes that old.  Courteous of Werner yes the one that post on these same forums now so you can thank him

top chain is Incin(146%)>GFS(237%)>Cremate(88%) = ~190 DPS

Incin(72%)>GFS(133%)>Cremate(24%)>Firesword(0%) = ~180 DPS

Incin(144%)>Scorch(74%)>Cremate(89%)>Scorch = ~170 DPS

There are others, but these are the most used. The ~170 DPS chain is the best for EPS, and it also benefits from having the Hecatomb proc in Scorch, which would increase it's DPS.

Leveling, I ran the 170 DPS chain, and ended up going with the top chain because I found that I liked GFS's burst damage too much to part with it.

Edited by hejtmane

FlashBack to old days: Pinnacle

Langar Thurs-Katana/SR 50; Hejtmane-DM/DA 50

Rogue Spear-Spines/DA 50; Hypnosis-Ill/Rad 50

Sir Thomas Theroux-DM/SR 50; Melted Copper-Fire/Shield 50; Byzantine Warrior-DB/ELA 50; Blade Tempo-50 DB/EA